CrazyBoards.org

I was never a happy kid

Guest PinkToo2grrl

Welcome Helena,

It can be really tough pinning down a Dx, especially when you're young, and things are changing so rapidly inside of you and out, but the Dx is less important that getting effective treatment for the symptoms/problems.  Hang in there.  You'll find a med combo eventually that works for you.  It's wonderful that you've started your path to healing so young.  I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

Pinky

Welcome also.  You are not alone!  I was also a very unhappy child.  Unhappy adolescent (I'm 41 now) and it was a miracle I found a man who loved me and we've been married for 18 years now.  I must stress you are not alone.  I'm not a "happy" adult, but things are better.  I know what you mean also about doctors.  I had a major bout with dep/anx when I was 18 - 19 or so.  I was put on a major sleeping pill and had some rotten therapy.  That was it.  Wasent til I was 31 that I went on Zoloft for 11 years.  That puts me here, on week 3 of Cymbalta.  I pray it's working.  I probably have a personality disorder too, I do have ADD also, never diagnosed professionally, etc.  Get your relationship back on track with God.  It does help.  At least try.  Take care and stick around, we can help.

Archived