CrazyBoards.org

Ironic Signs That You Need a Benzo

My pdoc recently prescribed Klonopin for me to help with sleep problems (not sleeping at all and waking up with horrible nightmares), and with daytime panic attacks.

Sooo.... I recently found myself sitting in my car outside my Rite-Aid pharmacy, first prescription in hand, having a complete panic attack over getting the prescription filled.  I am sitting there, breathing like I'm running a marathon, clutching the steering wheel, sweating like it's summer in Utah (oh, wait, it is summer in Utah) thinking "I can't fill this, I'm going to get addicted (never mind that I have never been addicted to any drug, ever), the pharmacist will think I'm a druggie when I drop off the scrip, I can't go in there, everyone will know I'm crazy", etc., etc., etc.

That's when it hits me... having a panic attack over getting a benzo prescription filled?  Um, guess that means I really need the stuff, huh?

Has anyone else had this experience?

Yes can relate 100 %  I have to say the stuff is working because Pdoc wanted to move me from .50 to .75  to help more with waking up.  I made my usual question I won't be addicted right ???  he said no and I could fluctuate down again if I wanted.  I didn't panic and just said OK sounds good. 

The first night after I got my script and I had the bottle with me on the internet searching thousands of sites for information..I was freaked out that this doc wanted me on this powerful drug ;)   I guess I was a little obsessed. 

Bottom line is I feel better, I sleep better, I worry less, and in general it has mad a postive difference so I guess that cancels out the worry.

Nicole

Thanks Guys!  I worry alot about being addicted.  But heck, I worry about becoming a total agoraphobic too so if this will help... I'll take it.  I have noticed that I'm sleeping better (and not waking up screaming or sobbing in the middle of the night, which can only be a good thing!)

Kristin

• 1 month later...

Hi  ;)

I say trust  your pdoc on this, but you know your self better. You will know if you become addicted to the med. And in this case, the side effects/possible negative consequences out weight the possible theraputic benefits of your benzo. I have been taking a benzo for over a year and I have not formed an addiction (yet?). Hope you find some help and confort with your meds, and not another source of anxiety.

Best Wishes,

S

Archived