I always thought that if I started a band I would call it Spinach Pie....    Anyhoo, just joined the board, but I've been  reading the posts and I'm sooo happy I found this place. Most everyone seems so friendly and supportive and best of all, YOU GET IT! I've got a decent support system ( a few good friends, awesome fiance, loving family) but they all think that the meds should make me all better. You know, if you have a headache, take 2 aspirin, all better. I keep saying- BRAIN CHEMISTRY IS NOT A EXACT SCIENCE! I'm not really as pissed as all that but I get frustrated sometimes.  Okay, me- BPII,GAD, celexa, lamictal, xanax. Just starting to lift out of 6 months of depression/anxiety toture, now comes the hoo hoo hoo ha haa haa I'm flying I'm shaking I can't sit still. Still titrating up on lamictal, wish me luck. ;)

Good Luck. And hello to a spanakopeta from A2. I loved living there 25 years ago. Still visit friends.

I am depressed and ADD. I take cymbalta which does nothing for the ADD but isn't too bad for the depression. I'm old as the hills but have a good time here.

Glad to have you.

Raven

Welcome Spinach Pie to the wacky world of crazy meds! Glad to have you aboard. And a hello to fellow Michigander, Grand Rapids here. I hope you will like it here. And if Black Eyed Peas can make as a band name, so can Spinach Pie.

Sondra B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_stipple_*

;)     Howdy !  there was Ultimate Spinach,but Spinach Pie is much better.

maybe brain chemistry is an art science 

• 5 weeks later...

hi yummy sounding lunch,

good luck with your news meds. i have major depression, anxiety, and some ocd. am on effexor and seroquel. they are doing very well for me now, but it was a long painful journey to get where i am.

it is awesome that you have such a good support network around you. i feel so badly for people who don't, especially young people whose families just 'don't get it' - yeah the whole, 'what, you still have to take those pills? aren't you better yet?'. sigh. makes me want to cry sometimes. what a brutal situation to be in.

i am lucky in that my family have taken me in and supported me in my illness. i have no secrets from them now. and god does that feel good. and i am 100% open with my problems. disclosure or exposure are non-issues for me. i am so glad to finally be dealing with all this crap that i want the world to know how screwed up i've been.

take care,

grouse.

Archived