CrazyBoards.org

For Dog Lovers Only--just need your support

This is from my daughter in Memphis--this dog was hugely mistreated by her "owner", a well-know radio person in Atlanta--when Stoli beegan to have problem urinating, he simply dumped the 10 year old dog at a shelter--she had no vet care at all. The vet says this tumor probably started before this time, and could have been surgically removed when it was small. But this cruel and heartless pet "owner" didn't bother, and Stoli came to live with Shannon and Iko (the black lab) Now, we are losing our darlin, smiling dog, with one blue eye and one gray,

The worst of all this is that Shannon is unemployed, and the vet bills are enormous, to say the least. Of course, (deleted) the original owner is not interested in any of that, since he got rid of his "problem" God should keep pets from people like this--but I know that doesn't hapen. So please include Stoli and my darling Shannon in your prayers as they say goodby.

Love to you all--china

FROM SHANNON--

I know that many of you have things going on in your life right now - but I need your help.

Stoli, the dog I adopted from a DJ in Atlanta radio after he gave her up last fall needs prayers and healing thoughts. I found out today that she has a cancerous tumor that is consuming 85% of her bladder. It is too big to remove. The doctor and I have decided to let her recover from the surgery and keep her as comfortable as possible as long as we can - but it is a fast growing tumor and I don't know how long that will be. She will be monitored very closely by the vet (who is wonderful), and loved on by her sister Iko and myself.

Thank you all in advance for your kind thoughts for her

Shannon

*edited by Greenyflower to remove radio person's initials.

You know, I do Cocker Spaniel Rescue and I see things like this everyday, but it never fails to chap my ass.

Bless poor Stoli - I know you will keep her comfortable for as long as possible. She will let you know when it is time.

In the meantime, it might make a nice human interest story in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Someone who would do that to a sick dog deserves all the negative publicity a newspaper or television station can bring to bear - especially since DJs aren't exactly underpaid.

Sometimes I so wonder why I keep doing this, but then one of my rescued cockers jumps in my lap and slurps me from chin to hairline and I melt.

Hang in there, Shannon. I'll be thinking about you and Stoli.

• 4 weeks later...

i'm meek and hardly intimidating

and yet... if that previous inept shit for brains owner were within earshot of me, i'd have him on his knees from my words alone.

ana

my prayers go out for stoli. all dogs go to heaven.

Nephesh = Hebrew for "soul" (animated beings, personality, individuality, desired for life, mood, state of mind, feeling, volition)

1) Animals posses nephesh (Gen 1:20, 21, 24, 30, 2:19, 9:45, 10. 12, 15; Lev 24:18; Job 12:10; Prov 12:10)

2) Animals posses psuche, the Greek counterpart for nepesh in the New Testament (Rev 8:9, 16:3)

3) Animals posses an affinity for God (Ps 148:7-10, 150:6)

4) Animals will be present in the eternal state (Isa: 65:25; Rev 5:13-14)

5) Humans are similar to animals in that they share the same breath of spirit (ruach) and the same destiny (Eccl 3:18-21)

6) Animals await glorifications as do the children of God (Romans 8:18-21)

7) The redeeming purposes of God include the entire realm, including animals (Eph 1:10; Col 11:20)

David purposes God saying, "You save humans and animals alike, O Lord" (Ps 36: 6)

Hope that Stoli, Shannon, and Iko can be all together when the right time comes.

I was wondering if there could be a picture?

How can anyone be cruel to pets? They're just innocent little animals.

I imagine any owner treating their animals cruelly-- whatever animal it is, mammal, reptile, domestic, wild, fish-- will receive the exact same treatment in hell as they bestowed on those who depended on them.

Nephesh = Hebrew for "soul" (animated beings, personality, individuality, desired for life, mood, state of mind, feeling, volition)

1) Animals posses nephesh (Gen 1:20, 21, 24, 30, 2:19, 9:45, 10. 12, 15; Lev 24:18; Job 12:10; Prov 12:10)

2) Animals posses psuche, the Greek counterpart for nepesh in the New Testament (Rev 8:9, 16:3)

3) Animals posses an affinity for God (Ps 148:7-10, 150:6)

4) Animals will be present in the eternal state (Isa: 65:25; Rev 5:13-14)

5) Humans are similar to animals in that they share the same breath of spirit (ruach) and the same destiny (Eccl 3:18-21)

6) Animals await glorifications as do the children of God (Romans 8:18-21)

7) The redeeming purposes of God include the entire realm, including animals (Eph 1:10; Col 11:20)

David purposes God saying, "You save humans and animals alike, O Lord" (Ps 36: 6)

That is exactly what I need to hear.

and me as well--Stoli is still hanging on, apparently in no pain, but has lost all baldder control, which has made my daughter's life pretty miserable (not to mention her furniture) But as long as Stoli is not in pain, and still likes going outside, then they are goiing to keep her with them. My daugher is pretty fragil right now, because of her unemployment and other issues, and I think she just can't bear to think about losing Stoli.

So--keep those doggie prayers coming. We believe prayers to any and all dieties count, we are equal-opportunity solicitors of good blessings and healing thoughts.

You all have been here for me--thank you for caring about this sweet, helpless dog who never asked for anything but to be loved and get to run in a field with her "sister".

blessings,

china, stoli's grandma

If you will go to my profile, you will see one picture of Stoli--unfortunately, the good pix I have are "Too Big" for the avatar or personal photo thingy, and I don't think I can put a photo on the board just as an addition--

But I asked her mommie for another picture--

china

This is from my daughter in Memphis--this dog was hugely mistreated by her "owner", a well-know radio person in Atlanta--when Stoli beegan to have problem urinating, he simply dumped the 10 year old dog at a shelter--she had no vet care at all. The vet says this tumor probably started before this time, and could have been surgically removed when it was small. But this cruel and heartless pet "owner" didn't bother, and Stoli came to live with Shannon and Iko (the black lab) Now, we are losing our darlin, smiling dog, with one blue eye and one gray,

The worst of all this is that Shannon is unemployed, and the vet bills are enormous, to say the least. Of course, (deleted) the original owner is not interested in any of that, since he got rid of his "problem" God should keep pets from people like this--but I know that doesn't hapen. So please include Stoli and my darling Shannon in your prayers as they say goodby.

Love to you all--china

FROM SHANNON--

I know that many of you have things going on in your life right now - but I need your help.

Stoli, the dog I adopted from a DJ in Atlanta radio after he gave her up last fall needs prayers and healing thoughts. I found out today that she has a cancerous tumor that is consuming 85% of her bladder. It is too big to remove. The doctor and I have decided to let her recover from the surgery and keep her as comfortable as possible as long as we can - but it is a fast growing tumor and I don't know how long that will be. She will be monitored very closely by the vet (who is wonderful), and loved on by her sister Iko and myself.

Thank you all in advance for your kind thoughts for her

Shannon

Prayers of healing and comfort coming your way

*edited by Greenyflower to remove radio person's initials.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update--for those of you who have been so sweet to care so much--Stoli was put to sleep this morning, wrapped in the quilt I made her. She is at peace, but her mama, g'mama and big sister, Iko the lab are really missing her. She will be creameted with her quilt and her asjed scattered, with those of other beloved pets, over a large gree field in Memphis where lots of dogs come to run and play without the retraints of leashes.

We loved her, and we werer blessed to have her and rescue her, literally, from her former "owner" who could have prevented her death had he only had the sense and companssion to take her for ONE vet vist when she began to show symptoms of the bladder cancer that killed her. If there is a karma, or life after, people like him will be eternally cleaning the cages of deserted, abandoned dogs who were "inconveneint" to their owners.

When you see the wonderful ad on Petsmart, the ne where the dogs say "I just want to go home" remember Stoli. And if you cannot adopt a dog, do what you can to help those who handle these adoptions. And if you can do anything, please remember Stoli when you do. She had a wonderful 6 months with a mom and sister who adored her, and a gradma who misses her beyond words.

blessings to all the earth's animals,

china

Guest Guest_Sasha_*

Just an update--for those of you who have been so sweet to care so much--Stoli was put to sleep this morning, wrapped in the quilt I made her. She is at peace, but her mama, g'mama and big sister, Iko the lab are really missing her. She will be creameted with her quilt and her asjed scattered, with those of other beloved pets, over a large gree field in Memphis where lots of dogs come to run and play without the retraints of leashes.

We loved her, and we werer blessed to have her and rescue her, literally, from her former "owner" who could have prevented her death had he only had the sense and companssion to take her for ONE vet vist when she began to show symptoms of the bladder cancer that killed her. If there is a karma, or life after, people like him will be eternally cleaning the cages of deserted, abandoned dogs who were "inconveneint" to their owners.

When you see the wonderful ad on Petsmart, the ne where the dogs say "I just want to go home" remember Stoli. And if you cannot adopt a dog, do what you can to help those who handle these adoptions. And if you can do anything, please remember Stoli when you do. She had a wonderful 6 months with a mom and sister who adored her, and a gradma who misses her beyond words.

blessings to all the earth's animals,

china

Archived