CrazyBoards.org

i started playing with photoshop as a hobby, and since i can't get anyone to model for me, i model for myself. i have pics of myself (like my avatar) to play with.

anyway, because i can see myself down to the pixel, i see all these "flaws" that i never saw before. my skin and eyes are fine- i actually think they're great, which is weird for me because i'm so down on myself, but i'm freaked over my upper lip and nose. my nose is uneven and my upper lip is too thin. i can't fix the nose in photoshop (at least i don't know how yet), but i can fix the lip thing.

seeing yourself pixel by pixel is unnerving. you can see what is "wrong" with you so up close, in digital, on a huge screen. my upper lip is about half what my lower one is. the lower one is "fine". i can fix the lip with makeup, and tolerate the nose i guess, unless it annoys me too much (like it obviously annoyed michael jackson), and get a nose job over it.

i'd never, ever think of getting a nose job of all things, until i saw myself so close. it is uneven! that's why i'm looking away in my avatar pic. i don't want you to see my uneven nose, but the rest is fine.

movie stars all seem obsessed with their looks and go to huge lengths to make sure they're beautiful. they have all this surgery and we wonder why. now i understand why. it is its own form of disorder i presume. or just a weird obsession. i should stop using myself as a model and start conning others into modeling for me. i just shouldn't look at myself like that.

I hate having my picture taken. It just reminds me of flaws that on a day to day basis, I tend to forget about. But even so, who cares. The raving beauties of today are going to be old, wrinkly and saggy tomorrow... unless you're like Cher, and become a plastic mask.

I think your picture is pretty. I don't see what's "wrong" with your nose and upper lip. You look unique!

When I smile, one side of my top lip goes up higher than the other, so my smile is kinda crooked and different. But I finally learned that I can't fix it, and it makes me unique. Took me 25 years to convince myself that it's okay to have a crooked smile.

I think you're really pretty by the way, and nobody's lips are perfect.

Archived