CrazyBoards.org

It almost seems as though mental health professionals have given up hope of a drug ever working for my hallucinations. I'm currently on 80mg geodon, 10mg haldol, and 5mg haldol once daily prn, and I normally always take it. But when I saw my pdoc on thursday... and told him I was still having hallucinations, he said maybe I should work on accepting them.... but... I DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT THEM! they aren't nice things. If it was just things talking to me and eyeballs... that would be okay... but why can't the dead people and flashes of murders and suicides go away? I mean, they are better now that i'm on the haldol... but... *sigh* i'm just frustrated... is this typical?

APs i've gone through : Seroquel (allergic), Abilify (allergic), Zyprexa (messed with blood sugar) Risperdal (zombified), Navane (zombified). I mean.. I never took the Navane alone... only with Risperdal... so I don't know which one, or if it was just the combination of stuff....

*sigh*

I don't have anything helpful to say to you except that I'm sorry you are so frustrated. Don't ever give up hope.....and maybe you can work with your PDoc to experiment with different combination of AAP's. I think that, for the timebeing, you need to come to some understanding of your current situation but by no means do I think you should just roll over and say, o.k., this is it and this is what I have to look forward to. NO WAY!

Archived