CrazyBoards.org

New Here just wanting some info about Gaba receptor sites

Guest Guest_bizi_*

Guest Guest_bizi_*

HI there

Just wanting to introduce myself..this is a huge web sight

and am feeling very overwhelmed...

I was googling Major tranquilizer and geodo and up came this forum.

I am interested in finding about the addictive nature about geodon.

Am married, 44,no kids, 2 cats, twin, I'm on the left and

homecare nurse.

Bipolar 1, lamictal, ambien and

now geodon for mania/hypomania.

Hi bizi, welcome!

Feel free to post. If you need help, pm any of the mods. We have a friendly group here. If you register, there are several additional forums that are available.

Cheers, welcome. a.m.

I'll have to leave the question about GABA receptors to someone else. Geodon is an Atypical Antipsychotic. AAP's as a class are non-addictive, as are the mood stabilizer you are already taking.

Here is a link to our pinned topic on Gedon with links to manufacturers info, website, drug website and prescribing information:

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.ph...ost&p=97237

A simplified version can be found here: http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic2/ziprasidone.htm

Here is a drug interaction check. Nothing major shows up. In the future you can run your own checks here: http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

You have searched for drug interactions between the following drugs: Geodon, Lamictal, Ambien

Please note: only generic drug names are displayed.

Drug-Drug Interactions

zolpidem and lamotrigine (moderate Drug-Drug)

Description:

MONITOR:

Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT:

During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be made aware of the possibility of additive CNS effects (e.g., drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, confusion) and counseled to avoid activities requiring mental alertness until they know how these agents affect them. Patients should also be advised to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

zolpidem and ziprasidone (moderate Drug-Drug)

Description:

MONITOR:

Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT:

During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be made aware of the possibility of additive CNS effects (e.g., drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, confusion) and counseled to avoid activities requiring mental alertness until they know how these agents affect them. Patients should also be advised to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

lamotrigine and ziprasidone (moderate Drug-Drug)

Description:

MONITOR:

MANAGEMENT:

Drug-Food Interactions

zolpidem (moderate Drug-Food)

Description:

ADJUST DOSING INTERVAL: Administration of zolpidem with food may delay the onset of hypnotic effects. In 30 healthy subjects, administration of zolpidem 20 minutes after a meal resulted in decreased mean peak plasma drug concentration (Cmax) and area under the concentration-time curve (AUC) by 25% and 15%, respectively, compared to fasting. The time to reach peak plasma drug concentration (Tmax) was prolonged by 60%, from 1.4 to 2.2 hours.

MANAGEMENT:

For faster sleep onset, zolpidem should not be administered with or immediately after a meal.

Guest Guest_iambizi_*

Thank you for your thoughtful reply airmarshall

I was not able to register..kept tring to register

and it would shut down my internet explorer

so I reregistered using my hubbys email address

but that is not working either.

So am posting as a guest I guess.

This is frustrating to say the least.

bizi

Archived