Is anyone "older" here? Retired?

Just looking for someone my age to discuss married life and retirement. I'm 50 and my husband is 60.  We have only been married 3 years. (Each have two past marriages behind us).

Like the title to this forum says, Love stinks! Damn it's hard to sustain a relationship.

Hey, Mellow!

I should have guessed your age from your name....yes, I remember Donovan!

I'm in my fifties also and there are a bunch of us in that age group.  C'mon down to the Springer Board and meet us.  If you look around on the threads down there, we've been talking about Woodstock ('69) and vinyl records and patchouli!  But yeah, we're also struggling with our relationships and financial issues and menopause....well, the guys aren't, but they're sympathetic!  Breeze, ravenonice, Bobby, Sam, Hideandseek...we're the 40s and 50s bunch...

I'm on my second marriage, and so is my sweetie. 

And it's just as depressing to be depressed at 50 as it was to be depressed at 20!

Come down and say hello. We're a friendly bunch, honest!

olga

PS  If you don't want a public discussion, feel free to PM me.  But I do think you would enjoy meeting the gang!

FWIW, I've suggested a board for "aging issues" for lack of a better term.  If ya'll think there is demand for such a thing, let it be known.  I was thinking it should be called "Do you ever think when the hearse rolls by . . .?"

Topics covered would be such lovely things as alzheimer's, menapause, medicaid, caring for an invalid parent, etc.

I turned 52 in May. Never been married and am now too used to it to be any good at a relationship. And Lord knows I'll never be able to retire. I'll die with my boots on if I live that long.  heh heh

Greeny

An Aging Issues board could be interesting, just make sure that in the description that the younguns are welcome, too.

Mellow,

I didn't see an aging board either. I would be interested. Will be 46 in a few weeks. Married 1 yr. His 2nd, my 4th.

What thread on the Springer board are you guys talking on?

I turn fifty

in about 2 weeks

it seems to be

mental stuff this time

when forty

seemed to be

physical(falling apart)

My wife thinks I should be

CURED

by now

I'm not

it's just different

now that I'm taking

fucking pills.

The guy she is looking for

don't exist anymore

maybe never did.

Stasis

Mellow:

No, the Aging Issues board doesn't exist yet.  VE said that it is being considered---I assume by Jerod and his Trusted Minions.  So we'll see.....we Boomers have to learn to be patient!

olga

OK, I can be patient.

Stasis, I know what you mean. My husband thinks he is perfectly normal with no problems and that his family is normal and his friends are all normal. Everyone is normal but me!  He also insists I'm the only person he knows who has depression. (He is 60 and I think that is baloney).

In reality, I could probably diagnose each and every one of them with something.

I'm 46 and a few months past a breakup. I don't feel too creaky yet, tho. My meds seem to make me feel more like working out and riding my bike, and that makes me feel younger, at least until I try to go on bike rides with other people who work out  a lot. Maybe Prozac and Adderall kill pain nerves. I hauled a sofabed up to the second floor while moving recently, and I don't feel too bad. That weekend got up around 95 degrees, too. Definitely felt old for a while after the hardest 3 days. On the other hand, 4 years ago when I had an irritated nerve in my back, spasms, etc., I felt about 96. And anyone who saw how many pills I take and what kind would think I was 70.

Guest Guest_lonnie_*

Hi Folks,  I am 48 but my doctor tells me my body is 20 years older then that.  Really.  I am on disaility.  I worked at  paying job for over 24 years but finnially had to let go of it.  I have been married (happily) 24 years and counting.  People tell me I have lots of opinions and would be glad to share any of them if requested to do so. I think a board for issues olders have would be great.  Just call me young in mind but not in body.  Lonnie

• 1 month later...

Archived