CrazyBoards.org

I found her! You are right, Dan, and thanks for posting, she's just staying very busy with work and her studies and isn't that a great thing for our Blackbird! How are you doing these days, Dan?

She's working now I think, from memory she is largely a mid day poster so maybe thats not an option while working?

I worry too when people are quiet.

hi blackbird

Hi DMF,

I'm glad you got hold of Blackbird.

I'm doing well, I'm in process of a med change, titrating mood stabilisers: which is always very not fun.

But that's only because of a really brief blip of a psychotic mania.

I've been painting again, for the first time in years... I don't know if I should worry about that, I'm trying to enjoy it, and trying not to spend too much money on it.

How are you and your daughter?

Oddly enough, dd has experienced extreme psychotic symptoms in the past 3- 4 days after months of almost forgetting that she has an illness(es) except for taking daily meds. She's got some things going on in her life that she does not want to acknowledge is causing her stress but the coincidence is to compelling not to see the correlation. Honestly, even for "normal" people it's always easier to see cause/effect, especially stressors, in others before ourselves. Otherwise, she's been doing excellent - in college, working, out socializing more than ever after a breakup with a long-term boyfriend about a month ago.

I wish I were artistic and I envy you. My mil used to paint quite a bit and she would tell me how expensive it was. Do you sketch or anything of the like?

Hi DMF,

I'm glad you got hold of Blackbird.

I'm doing well, I'm in process of a med change, titrating mood stabilisers: which is always very not fun.

But that's only because of a really brief blip of a psychotic mania.

I've been painting again, for the first time in years... I don't know if I should worry about that, I'm trying to enjoy it, and trying not to spend too much money on it.

How are you and your daughter?

Probably "anything of the like" more than "sketching", my drawing is rather... ummm... anal retentitive and controlled as opposed to a loose sketch. I like paintily painting but not so much loose sketching.

The socializing your daughter is doing sounds good... drumroll... I've actually been doing a bit of that... weekly coffee at my friends cafe, I helped out yesterday in the kitchen. It was nice to do different work to what I normally do.

It's hard to start, I understand, but you are doing great! I have a young aide (whose in college) that frequents Starbucks 2 - 3 nights a week with a book or her laptop. She said there is a pattern of "regulars" that tend to show up, with newbies thrown in there, and it's a nice environment to be in to talk or just to feel part of something (and she doesn't have any medical issues so, once again, this tends to be universal).

Archived