CrazyBoards.org

Just got back from the hospital

I was in the ER from 10:40pm last night until 6:30am, cuz I cut and was feeling very low and extremely unsafe. Had a big long rigmarole all damn night sitting around waiting until gone 4am, getting put back together (I am now part mummified or so it feels) and spending forever talking to the psych, who has referred me to the CMHT again (for all the good that will do) and told me off for taking myself off Prozac and going back on Zyprexa and Celexa (totally unapologetic for that one, I don't like messing with meds on my own but it was a last resort) although he did say the combination seems to be working. There was talk at one point of me going IP but they eventually decided to let me go and I walked home, which took an hour and knackered me out. Now I'm all snug and cosy in bed but I can't sleep! Took my Zyprexa at 8pm last night and still no sleep for me. Will the madness never end?? *consoles self by eating Indian sugar candy, offers around*

Glad that you are home and safe, maybe the tiredness will kick in soon. I really hope the CMHT kicks in soon, I'd be writing to your GP about how crap they are, it is disgraceful!

Did manage to go to sleep in the end. The CMHT are crap but then the NHS are struggling and mental health services aren't considered that important (well, aren't considered the slightest bit important) so they get the raw end of a crappy deal. It's not their fault they're useless, as I remember in some of my more lucid moments. I don't yet have a GP here as all three of the practices I've tried to register with have full lists, and I rang the central people who HAVE to assign me a GP on Tuesday, the woman tried to put me through to three different people and none of them picked up. It's all crap and unfortunately I'm the one who has to suffer for it. They said I should hear from the CMHT in a few days, hopefully they'll listen to the hospital, and where they're based is just up the road from me so I can always turn up there and cry if worst comes to worst. At least I'm going to see my boyfriend next week so I will be safe there.

Archived