CrazyBoards.org

new cameras can read body language!

new camera technology

cameras are being taught to read suspicious behavior through body language and alert the police immediately.

so what about those of us who are paranoid by nature and ALWAYS look like we're up to something?? lol.

still, very cool that we are able to do it. i'm all for increased technology and smarter computers, being the sci fi geek i am. still, i can't help but picture myself arrested often with these new cameras ;)

abi

i was thinking both those things... that the autism funny walk would get the cops called on me all the time, and thta i should have one with me at all times to read body language for me ;) who knows... they might develop something like that!

abi

I have weird body language too sometimes. If I am deep in though, I am kind of clutzy. Well, I am a clutz in general. I think it would be funny as hell to have a bunch of "non-traditional" people walk in front of the same camera for a couple of days.

Just think what it would do to their algorithms. <eg>

Hi,

why do we even need this crap? its so 1984 big brother stuff.

i wonder what they would think about me. being visibly preggers...i purposely hide it...either with coats, sweaters, big purse, or shopping cart. i dont want strangers talking to me. and i sure as hell dont want them touching me. i'd hope to bitch slap the person that does that.

xoxo,

ms paranoid

the idea behind it for marketing is that if the computer finds someone suspicious, it will call the police. it saves on police having to patrole so much with their limited resources.

as for why did they make it? dude, why not? it's soooo cool. i want robots. i want intelligent computers. i want autistics who can hook into one and get help understanding body language.

i love technology!!!!!!!!! ;)

although i'm paranoid too, i can't help but be thrilled about it.

abi

Yeah sure.

Where will they use it?

In airports.

What are people most afraid of?

Flying.

When do people fidget and act odd?

When nervous.

Why was the man at the miami airport shot down?

Because he was wearing his knapsack on his front and that was suspicious!?!?

(People in latin america wear back packs in the front because of frequent theft).

so far, they have used it in... *trying to recall article*... somewhere that graffiti was a problem, it alerted the cops when kids were doing stuff... um, i think they used it by a train station... they had some success in small stores (like convenient stores)...

it would have to get a lot more advanced to deal with the volume in an airport, for sure.

it was mostly talking about use in inner cities where the cops are spread so thin.

abi

well, on the plus side, it's unlikely the cameras have been programmed to conduct direct racial profiling, right? if it's set to read body language only, then it shouldn't read the same behaviors differently between black and white subjects. there would still be real issues with cultural differences, though.

Archived