CrazyBoards.org

Thinking about "The Gun"

The meds aren't perfect nor guarantee against later episodes. There will probably be break through episodes of hypo/mania and depression. But the meds increase the length of time between them, and make the episodes themselves less intense than if we weren't taking the meds at all. Increased stress, lack of sleep, illness, change of time zone, and time of year can all contribute to having different episodes.

Do call your pdoc. Hope you feel better soon!

a.m.

i'd see if you can talk to your pdoc- there may be a small dose change or something you can do now to help out now.

hang in there until your appointment! do you have a tdoc? even if you're stable, it is still important to get your meds looked at. some meds are very weird in that you may need dose changes according to seasons and whatnot, like lithium.

i hope you feel better!

loon

Well, you aren't that weird. I have been going along pretty stable, for me, and suddenly between one spoon of yogurt and the next I want to end it

I am wondering if it is a trigger from something this time of year? I hope things get better

Hold on ok? gun shot deaths are really ugly. I don't know you, but I don't want imagine any one like that

please take care of your self.

if you do need to go to the hospital, go. and you'll know, i hope, if you do get to that point and seriously need to go. don't hesitate.

however, and i don't know if this is good advice, but i'll tell you anyway.

in ohio where i live, we have a conceal and carry law. i've been stalked 3 times and would like to take the safety classes and learn to conceal and carry. i'm actually against firearms being in the hands of the general public and think that in an urban setting they are dangerous, however there are reasons, like being stalked, that i believe override those concerns. also, there are the classes that teach gun safety. i hate it that the world has come to the point where sometimes we need to protect ourselves with firearms, but that is the case.

if you DO go to the hospital and live in a conceal and carry state (and mroe and more states are doing it), it could be the law in your state, and check on it, that they would take away your right to have a gun permit for a certain length of time after hospitalization. normally, as is the law in ohio, voluntary admissions don't count, only involuntary. however, the hospital (even though i was there of my own free will) did an involuntary on me because they judged for me that i shouldn't be allowed to conceal and carry. i could have sued, but i wasn't in my right mind and didn't know the laws at the time. the hospital staff decided, on their own, to take away my 2nd amendment rights for 7 years because they thought it was a good idea. i don't know if i can still sue and get my rights back. the more i think about my safety, the more i consider consulting an attorney.

if you do decide to go, and your state laws are like this, don't tell them anything about guns if you ever want to conceal and carry. tell them you want to poison yourself or something. nothing about guns. and get the gun out of the house where you have no access to it and you'll be safe. safety for you is the most important thing. that's why i believe in conceal and carry, and why you should get the gun out of your reach.

Archived