CrazyBoards.org

My Doctor decided to try me on Lunesta instead of ambien this time. So I agreed.

He said some of his patients report a bitter taste in their mouth afterward.

I thought what a bunch of wussies.

So he gave me samples. Dear Sweet Lord Jesus it was bad.

1. It takes longer to knock you out that Ambien. Ambien gives you the one, two punch right when you take it

2. Lunest left a horrible taste in my mouth. I felt it right away. I have had orange juice, eaten toast.

What I need is red hot chili to get the taste out

I called my doctor first thing this morning saying "I Hate It" give me back my ambien.

That is just my opinion. Have a Beautiful Day!

Why did he switch you in the first place?

(Me, being firmly of the "if it aint broke don't fix it" squad)

So True!!!

He feels *Ambien* should not be long term and that Lunesta was made for long term use.

He asked if I would like to try it, since I have been on ambien for a long time now.

I trust him ( and I still do) so I said sure. He did tell me to call him and let me know if I did not like it.

But I hear ya sister!!!!

I told my pdoc my breakfast tasted like it was laced with DDT the morning after my Lunesta trial a while back.

That's just how it goes for some of us. I don't know how anyone can take the stuff, but apparently everyone doesn't get the bad taste thing.

Curiouser and curiouser...

alice

And I thought it was a bad sleeping pill too.

I just got back from the Gym and every time I took a sip of my water I could still taste it.

So it makes me wonder how long it stay's in my system.

It was as if someone crushed up asprin and made me sleep with it in my mouth.

Good News!!! Picked up my Ambien. WooHoo!!!

new slogan, screw the radioactive butterfly.......

Lunesta: "The metallic taste lets you know it's working!"

I personally love(d) the stuff. One gets used to the metallic taste after a while. Though, another pain in the ass, FYI, is that you shouldn't take it with food (specifically, high fat food). Wait until you feel the metallic taste before you eat anything, though you may be knocked out by then. Alternately, wait 3 hours post-meal before taking it.

My insurance won't cover it, so I'm on Dalmane instead (which, is actually almost as good, come to think of it).

new slogan, screw the radioactive butterfly.......

Lunesta: "The metallic taste lets you know it's working!"

I personally love(d) the stuff. One gets used to the metallic taste after a while. Though, another pain in the ass, FYI, is that you shouldn't take it with food (specifically, high fat food). Wait until you feel the metallic taste before you eat anything, though you may be knocked out by then. Alternately, wait 3 hours post-meal before taking it.

My insurance won't cover it, so I'm on Dalmane instead (which, is actually almost as good, come to think of it).

Egads!!!!! To much trouble.

I have been on a fruit and fruit juice only diet, plus exercise (And.....it's working)

I went from a Size 4 to 6 and then.....well I can't even say it makes my mouth hurt to say 8. (Holiday's are to dang good).

I am back into my 6 and going for Size 4

Going to Hawaii and wearing a bikini is a serious reality check. And I am going back in Aug. This time I am going kick ass

Wow! I am off topic.

My doctor just gave me Ambien CR and I love it!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

My Doctor decided to try me on Lunesta instead of ambien this time. So I agreed.

He said some of his patients report a bitter taste in their mouth afterward.

I thought what a bunch of wussies.

So he gave me samples. Dear Sweet Lord Jesus it was bad.

1. It takes longer to knock you out that Ambien. Ambien gives you the one, two punch right when you take it

2. Lunest left a horrible taste in my mouth. I felt it right away. I have had orange juice, eaten toast.

What I need is red hot chili to get the taste out

I called my doctor first thing this morning saying "I Hate It" give me back my ambien.

That is just my opinion. Have a Beautiful Day!

I thought about a sleeping medicine like that too until I saw the cost and the ability for it to lose effectivness anyway over time. My doc suggested 25mg of Seraquel for sleep. It's an AP but the dose is so small that you don't have to worry about any side effects like on a theraputic dose. Ask about that...

Do Ambien and Lunesta actually work? I just started Restoril (temazepam) and it did get me high but I'm not asleep 3 hours after taking 10mg of it. It's meant to be powerful ;)

I'm on 30 mg. of Restoril and I'm usually out in 30 minutes (unless my wife comes in and starts a "Discussion").

Tommy

Do Ambien and Lunesta actually work? I just started Restoril (temazepam) and it did get me high but I'm not asleep 3 hours after taking 10mg of it. It's meant to be powerful ;)

I'm on 30 mg. of Restoril and I'm usually out in 30 minutes (unless my wife comes in and starts a "Discussion").

Tommy

I guess I probably just need a higher dose then. Doc has said I can have 20mg so hopefully that will work and if not I'll go back to him and ask to be allowed to take 30mg.

• 2 years later...
Guest Dotkom

I love Ambien. I worked very well for me for over 2 years. But then it lost its punch. Tolerance, I guess. So I got a 2 month Rx for Lunesta. God of all creatures great & small...it's BAD! Anything that tastes that bad must have come straight outta Satan's bum. I got a cancker sore on the tip of my tongue the 2nd day. My entire mouth is revolting, I guess. Worse yet, I taste it all day long at the back of my throat/tongue. I can NOT drink water at all & most juice is ruined as well. It is a bit less offensive now, my 2nd week on the stuff, but I don't think I'll be refilling for a 2nd month. It's very expensive even with insurance & it takes a long time to kick in. I have had to take another half every night to get to sleep, which means I have to get up, go into the kitchen & hide the morsel of death in a dollop of yogurt or apple sauce...again. I do sleep well once I fall off, but I can't justify the cost with all the negatives. I only wanted it to give myself a break from Ambien. I hope one month does the trick.

Archived