CrazyBoards.org

Apparently some people are working on it ;)

http://www.indianpediatrics.net/july1999/july-712-713.htm

"Human tails

Human embryos have a tail that measures about one-sixth of the size of the embryo itself. As the embryo develops into a fetus, the tail is absorbed by the growing body. The developmental tail is thus a human vestigial structure (an atavism). Infrequently, a child is born with a "soft tail", which contains no vertebrae, but only blood vessels, muscles, and nerves; although there have been a very few documented cases of tails containing cartilage or up to five vertebrae. Modern procedures allow doctors to eliminate the tail at delivery. The longest human tail on record belonged to a twelve-year-old boy living in what was then French Indochina, which measured nine inches (229 mm).[1] A sound case is that of a man named Chandre Oram who was born in India and has been famous because of his 13-inch tail. Nonetheless, it is believed it is not a true tail but a case of spina bifida.

Humans have a tail bone (the coccyx) attached to the pelvis, in the same place which other mammals have tails. The tail bone is formed of fused vertebrae, usually four, at the bottom of the vertebral column. It doesn't protrude externally, but retains an anatomical purpose: providing an attachment for muscles like the gluteus maximus."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tail

It's just different kinds of body language. Humans have it, too, just with different parts. ;)

But yeah, if you want to know what a cat or dog is feeling, look at the tail and the ears.

um, humans, do have tails Abi. i know Nate gets some of yours on a regular basis

Well, that was the second thing I thought of when I read the name of this thread. The first was to start babbling about my prehensile wang, because that's kind of like a tail, right? Maybe I should go take a shower already. With bacon.

Having Marfan's disease, I have long and prehensile toes, making the idea of having a tail largely unnecessary (assuming that prehensility is a major purpose of at least some animals' tails).

Archived