CrazyBoards.org

When I had my first psychotic break I could hear the posts "speaking " to me. They were voices of people I know. I thought my family was following me around on the internet and posing as other posters. I hallucinated that posters were taking me places, and like I was interacting with them IRL, but it was all just on the computer. Then I started thinking the posts were all about me. That people I knew were communicating with me through the keyboard. When people would post about themselves I thought it was really about me.

I also spend a lot of time on the computer. I check my e-mails often. When hypomanic I post a lot. Now that I'm not working I spend a lot of time at home and this is my main social outlet. When I was first diagnosed my family tried to limit my computer time. They felt it was making me worse. I don't think so and I resented that they were trying to control my behavior.

Also, I've been focusing on getting better, but it's hard to keep up in conversations. All I can talk about are my kids. I've been in therapy, going to support groups. I took a CBT class. But, I don't feel comfortable about talking about those things. Few people know my diagnosis. (i was first diagnosed bipolar and my husband is the only one that knows it's been changed to sza.)

I like the bulletin boards because I can talk about how I'm doing and it's anonymous.

I've tried limiting my time, but it's tempting to go on the computer instead of cleaning.

Anyone else spending a lot of time on the computer? Do you think it's a problem? Ever had trouble reality testing in virtual reality?

I like the bulletin boards because I can talk about how I'm doing and it's anonymous.

I've tried limiting my time, but it's tempting to go on the computer instead of cleaning.

Anyone else spending a lot of time on the computer? Do you think it's a problem? Ever had trouble reality testing in virtual reality?

I relate to everything except the hallucinations. I am on this computer obsessively, and I use it to avoid other things I SHOULD be doing. Like right now, I should be cleaning.

Yes, Yes, Yes, and yes. Doctors asked if I was receiving communication via the television and radio. Nobody bothers to ask about being communicated to via the computer. Duh! I was reading/seeing/hallucinating newspaper articles about me on my computer screen, but I answered no to their questions about the communication via the media. There was that too, but thru the computer screen.

Yes crazyboards gets crazymaking when I think "inmate" means the moderators are located in a prison.

Archived