CrazyBoards.org

is this anxiety?

Guest Guest_daydreambeliever_*

i can't describe it. i can't ask for help. i am terrified of things that don't exist. i am terrified of the present moment. you have to get away from the things that used to make anything better like your child or your animals. and no one knows!!! i look and act perfectly normal while i torment myself and there is no end ;)

not really, just heart racing. it just doesn't end like a panic attack does. it's been almost two weeks. started neuronton (sp?) today. hopefully that will work

does anxiety usually have physical symptoms?

i've never heard anyone describe whats happening. i don't get it.

sorry tom, just saw your post.

it's anything i'm around like i just have to get away. even the only things that get me through depression like my child and my horses. everything terrifies me i can't explain it

thanks mrs loony and tom. i have ativan and xanax and it's hard to tell what works. it goes up and down now. now it's just like being nervous before a competition or a speech. trying not to be terrified that the worst will come back.

not that i would want anyone to deal with it but it's nice to know you're not the only one. was there something that caused yours or was it just random?

For me it feels like a roaring lion is right in front of me ready to devour me whole. Oh sure, it may start slow and work it's was up, but it usually comes on like a ton of bricks and without warning. The bottom of my stomach drops out and aggravates my ulcer. I get into a heavy panting mode and feel lightheaded. And it usually doesn't subside until I talk my way out of it, but sometimes it can take a day or more to really come down from it. I'm on propanolol and ativan for the anxiety. They have been my only hope if fighting them back. They still come, but I can usually talk myself out of them or take enough ativan to alleviate the symptoms. In the middle of it, it can seem like there's no end, as you said. That's just part of the anxiety. But there are meds and techniques that can help with it. Thanks for sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Anxiety Sufferers and Nuerontin Newbies:

I started Nuerontin several years ago and it worked great - only it knocked me out and I couldn't stay awake. Now I am on it only at night. It really takes the edge off the day.

However, stress (another component) has been really high lately and I have been taking more at night. I just woke up from a 2 hour nap. I know it's the Nuerontin. Damn!

Breeze

Archived