CrazyBoards.org

I have PCOS, and I can not get a period on my own. So in early January I took Provera to get my period.

I'm on

xanax 8mg a day

lamictal 25mg a day (I think)

sequral 100mg a day.

I took a pregnancy test at the end of Feb. and it was neg.

So what do you all think?

i don't know if this would matter, but while i don't have PCOS and normally get periods on my own, i am just recovering from a period of very high prolactin, brought about by risperdal. i don't know if seroquel has the same potential.

the risp. raised my prolactin, and that caused a lot of hair loss, lactation, and for me to stop having a period. now that i stopped the risp the lactation is gone, the hair loss has slowed down, and i'm having something resembling a period right now.

i'd get your blood levels checked like PC suggested to find out if you have anything out of balance.

Good monin. PCOS sucks!!! I have had it for years and years. Like you, I was on hormones to get my periods, they only worked sometimes. Have your gyno do a hormone profile, looking specifically at your testosterone level. It sounds really fucked up, but....PCOS can develope into a pre-diabetic/diabetes condition. I was PCOS since I was 13, and I am 42 now. I was/am a classic treatment resistent case. Overweight, no matter what I tried I couldn't lose it. Furry, tried everything from shaving to laser to lose the fur, depressed, aggressive, no periods for years, blah blah blah. My ovaries looked like bunches of grapes. Several surgies, meds to ovulate and get a period, years on the pill. IT WAS FUCKING NUTS AND I WAS A MESS!!!!! My hormone levels were all over the place, but nothing could really fix them until.....This hot shot endocrinologist looked deeper and I became part of a study in Boston. They found that women with PCOS had really high testosterone (that makes you furry, chubby and aggrssive), and very high insulin. When your body doesn't manage insulin the way it should, it screws up your blood sugar levels, that causes mood swings, depression, weight gain, headaches, and a whole bunch of other crap. Diabetes. My PCOS finally got under control when I was put on meds for diabetes. I have been treated for 8 years now. I get periods, I lost 80 pounds, I am fuzzy but not furry, my depression is more manageable, and my body just feels better.

So my advice is have some blood work. You only have one body and it is connected to your brain! When one part isn't working well, it affects the other. Poorly treated PCOS didn't cause my MI issues, but it sure as shit didn't help them!! Take care and feel better!

Archived