CrazyBoards.org

i don't hate you. does that help?

i wish you didn't hate you though.

i wish i didn't hate me either.

i about spit my coffee when i read about your "random activity generator". i do that EVERY day or else i get nothing done. the only other thing that works is routine routine routine. i've never heard anybody else say they do this, and i've done it since i was little. have you?

hope you feel a little better soon,

rita

Wow, are you serious? You do the random activity generator thing? That's wild. I thought only I did it. I only started doing it after life started lacking any externally imposed structure (i.e., after college). I'm trying to use it less, though, because I think I use it as an avoidanace mechanism. "Oh, the random chooser didn't say I had to have to work on job stuff today, so I don't need to do it."

Guest brian coleman

I feel the same way sometimes where I just lay around and do nothing on beautiful sunny days. I've finally decided that

part of that is my responsibility, it is just easier to lay around and do nothing. I've found that if I have an appointment

(pdoc etc...) I can force myself to get up. I have concluded from this that it is a mental decision thing for me and if I can force myself to just get up and out of the house I will feel alot better.

Also sleep deprivation also works too. Try sleeping only a few hours and get up it can help break the cycle of depressions

downward spiral. I've decided that I have to do something because I don't want to die but I don't want to live this way any more either. If you can have friends or your parents call to wake you up or set an alarm. Anything just to get out of that bed!

Just do it!

Brian ;)

You are NOT weak. As the old cliche goes, that is the depression talking.

Most normal people would not have the strength, courage to make it though repeated major depressive episodes, or any type of disorder for that matter. This is hard work, surviving sometimes. But you are still here and in my eyes that makes you courageous.

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY. It may not feel like it, but your existence is worthwhile and you are here for a reason. Hope you can find some peace today.

I get terribly depressed around my birthday every year. I just hate what depression does to us, it seems so unfair and to get anything accomplished is a major chore. We are here to tell you we know how it feels and you don't suck- depression sucks!

You may not want to hear this, but I think most people here have had the same feelings you are having. Damn anxiety, confidence, avoidance and motivation issues. Lately I have to force myself to SHOWER, I just don't wanna. Oh, and my old car got towed last week and I haven't done anything about it. I probably owe a ton in fees, but still won't do anything until someone forces me.

I always think of my b-day as a good thing because it means I managed to not kill myself for another year. To me, this is an accomplishment. NB's think it is morbid but it cheers me up.

So congrats on surviving another year! Here's to another one!

Archived