CrazyBoards.org

Afraid to post

I have been visiting this site for a while and have become familiar with the type of banter. But when I think about responding to someone's post I get too nervous to respond. This is not to say that I haven't posted which I have, but it usually occurs after I have deleted my first several attempts.

It seems as if everyone already knows everyone (I know this is not logical thought).

Rather than step on someone's toe, I remain silent.

It took me around 7 months to make my first post. When I hit the enter key I was shaking and soaked with sweat.

You are correct that everyone does NOT know everyone else. It's just like in real life, the longer you hang around and interact with others the more familiar you become and the more you build up relationships.

Don't give up, I think that people will do their best to make you feel welcomed.

a.m.

Rather than step on someone's toe, I remain silent.

Some days I have the same reticence, others I have no problem running up and down the aisles stepping on everyone's feet. If you've been hanging around awhile, you know that most of the time we don't mind a little foot-stepping-on, so feel free.

While a few of us actually do know each other in real time (Abifae and I are in a dance class together), most have conversed awhile and gotten to know a bit about each other. I have been here for..what...humm....almost 2 years? Something like that.

Mostly this is a group of very blunt, straight forward people. I LOVE that quality..which is why I stick around.

Even though I did have intitial misteps, for the most part, it's hard to cause too much permanent toe damage.

Jump on in.

I alternate between being afraid that I will be flamed or something I write will be misunderstood, to just typing away the first thought I have without caring what anyone thinks. I have been afraid to look at replies to my posts, certain that everyone else is PMing each other with negative remarks or jokes about me. I'm fairly certain that mania or depression brings on my paranoia about these things.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar worry. I worry that when I post, everyone is thinking I am stupid and doesn't like me. I always come back a few minutes after posting and really regret it.

Same here. I can spend an hour here very late at night writing and rewriting a post, then delete it.

other times I post anyway- so tired- then regret it and feel stupid.

I'm with you on your other points too, 2utopian2

I'm in and out on the boards a lot...I think this is my first time back (and actually posting) in almost a year.

There are always new people on that I don't recognize, and I hate feeling like I'm barging in on people who spend more time here. So, sometimes its really hard to get back into the swing of things, especially since I've been too lazy to start a Springer thread, and that is where it seems like everyone congregates now.

But I do post in this board, well as the depression board and a few others...right now I think I'll need to be posting more than ususal...I'm rambling, sorry.

What I was trying to say is that I always like having replies to my posts, and since I wear doc martens, and have already broken all my toes already don't worry about stepping in.

*puts on mod hat*

We want new (and old) people on here and posting. It keeps the boards healthy for all our members.

I rarely get PMs with negative remarks about people here (apart from reported posts for potential TOS violations), although I have gotten PMs from members concerned about other members.

post. postpostpost.

*takes off mod hat*

I really like seeing new people post more than an intro post, and old people coming back. I don't always have the time to respond but I do notice.

Archived