CrazyBoards.org

Irritabiliy on Clonazepam

I have never had this problem myself so I don't know if others get it. Here it goes my wife was just prescribed Clonazepam to deal with some anxiety issues that are hopefully temporary it makes her very irritable I don't know it it just makes her tired she says no. Her anxiety is gone but she complains she doesn't feel like herself and that it makes her irritable(what an understatement). She does not want to try it again and is now very anxious we have not been able to reach her pdoc yet but they don't always have answers anyway. Has anybody else had this problem? And will other benzos have similar effects

klonopin made me very emotionally reactive (i usually ended up crying or having a temper tantrum). or it would just make me sad.

i take xanax xr now and i have none of these problems.

i've never heard it described as irritability, but a lot of people get emotional on klonopin. switching to a different benzo should fix the issue.

When I first tried it over two years ago it seemed to make me irritable and I switched to Atvian which was great. Then recently I wanted something that has a longer half life and switched to Valium. It didn't seem to be as effective. The supposed equivalent dose didn't seem to be enough. Since Klonopin may or may not be more potent I tried it again and it's been fine.

The first time I tried it, I don't know if that was part of a bipolar cycle (I didn't know I was bipolar then) or if it was really the Klonopin making me irritable.

Don't know if that helps. Just thought I'd let you know my experience.

Thanks for the ideas. We got a hold of the pdoc she is to try Xanax in a very small dose which I take if there is no bad reaction she will give her a prescription if it's still bad she will see her this week

Archived