CrazyBoards.org

am i bipolar?

Guest josh

hi im 15 and my name is josh ive been geting these anger impulses for like no reson and when i get them i just look for the nearest thing that can be through or broke in half or somthing like that. i get depresed for no reson alot to but its mostly just anger. my sister said that maby im bipolar. i dont realy kno mutch about bipolar other than it causes mood swings for no reason and thats prety mutch whats happening. so what do u all think

Hi Josh, Welcome!

Its hard to say offhand. Bipolar disorder is difficult to diagnose, even for trained psychiatrists. Your symptoms very well could be bipolar, but then they could be part of other disorders. Not to sound trite, but many of the bipolar symptoms can be considered part of the normal range of behavior for an adolescent. True! Until very recently the symptoms for bipolar specifcally excluded anyone under 18 years old for that reason.

Now that doesn't make you feel any better though. The first place to begin with professional evaluation would be with your family doctor or pediatrician. Print out your post and give it to him. Like many things in life, the best way to start out is to state the case. I hope you feel better soon. a.m.

Pinned up above is a post I created with tons of bipolar resources. Here is a link to it as well:

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.ph...ost&p=69754

Welcome Josh!

You may be bipolar. Check out the resources AM gave you and get yourself to a doc if you feel like you need to. The anger may be some kind of other thing, but mood-swingy goodness sounds like BP. Do you ever feel "high"? Giggly, fast talking, head going buzz buzz buzz... then depression like can't leave the house, isolating, getting in fights with friends, inability to enjoy things... If you've answered yes to both of these questions, then you might be bipolar!

Hi Josh. One thing you need to bear in mind is how fast your moods can change. Most bipolar people change mood pretty slowly and when they're either high or depressed, they'll stay that way for days, weeks, months. If your moods switch in minutes then it may well not be bipolar (be thankful), but you should still talk to your doc or parents about this.

Having rapid mood swings doesn't necessarily mean he isn't bipolar. From what I understand bipolar children suffer from very rapid cycling. I think you need to talk to your parents and doctor. I hope and pray you are not bipolar because it certainly is no fun!

Mania can look like anger/irritability but it will take a trained professional to diagnose you. Don't be like me and let it kindle into something worse. Get it checked out now, you have a better prognosis that way.

Archived