CrazyBoards.org

Hi everyone

I love this site.  I happened to be looking for sites on medications and feeling sorry for myself.  Then I find you all...and I finally am happy.  THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

A little about me:  I am female, have kids, take a lot of meds that I cant remember some of them.  I started recently on lamictal for seizures, now up to 400 mg.  Still feeling weird though, but that might just be me.  ;)

Anyone get headaches and dizziness from lamictal??  My doc told me headaches are okay but the dizziness is not a reaction.

Tremors, pins and needles, basically cant stand straight without getting dizzy.  Is this normal?? 

Hi Dollface!

Welcome to our world. Hope you like it, pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.

I don't know a lot about Lamictal as it didn't work for me. But there are a ton of people here who do take it. You might want to check out some of the med threads like anticonvusants.

Glad to have you here!

Sondra

Hi dollface, welcome! I get headaches and dizziness from lamictal, the kind of dizzy where if I am standing and looking down I feel faint. No pins and needles, though. The dizziness is worst when I bump up dosage. (still going up, it takes so long!)  My pdoc wasn't surprised about the dizzy, I get dizzy when starting any new meds. I do lamictal for BP2, not sure if you should expect something different.

Hi dollface, welcome! I get headaches and dizziness from lamictal, the kind of dizzy where if I am standing and looking down I feel faint. No pins and needles, though. The dizziness is worst when I bump up dosage. (still going up, it takes so long!)

Hi Dolface,

Welcome. My brother  is a Doc,and my brother in law is a drug rep for the company that  makes and sells lamictal. They said dizziness is a side effect.

I take zonegran and it can cause dizziness also. 

Good luck  doxie

Archived