CrazyBoards.org

The nine tablets come in a 4 x 8 x 1/2 heavy cardboard folder, and they are (supposedly) not removable from it. I would really like to be able to pack 2-3 into a small space in my bag, rather than try to fit in the whole whole thing. But I don't want to just start cutting into it, if that's going to break the seal. Does anyone else have experience with this? Maybe it would be worth sacrificing one just to find out.

not removable? why? imitrex is for migraines, right? I would htink that a person with a migraine would NEED to get into the packaging easily. that sounds crazy. I would just cut them out, or do what you have to do to remove them, then put them in a little pill box or bottle that you can carry in your bag.

I hear you on this one, resonance. Many of the other triptans (also all individually sealed) are perforated or otherwise much easier to carry around. I don't have any Imitrex around to try and figure out the answer, but I would think each tablet is sealed around the edges. Otherwise, when removing one tablet from the cardboard sleeve would break the seal around the rest of the tablets. Try peeling back the cardboard (without removing the foil) to see if you can see/feel the seal around each tablet to be sure. Or just call your pharmacist. ;)

To Sophia's point, I know you aren't supposed to remove the tablet until you're ready to take it, but I usually carried one around in a small pill container and never noticed a problem. But I wouldn't advise doing the same without checking with someone more knowledgeable.

I just cut the cardboard and carry 3 of them in my emergency med kit. I've taken ones that have been stored that way for months, never any problems. I do keep it all in a backpack with me though that stays in a controlled temp. environment

Archived