CrazyBoards.org

How do I stop myself from cutting-not been

Vivi

I am cutting like crazy every night. My doc has OK'd me to take Valium as it does take the edige off and I

haven't cut tonight. I heard that cutters can be taught soothing alternatives to cutting. I've been 3 1/2 weeks

seeing my GP twice the "Mental Health Team" and waiting for a letter to see my pdoc again as I want a

change of antidepressants. I've begged, pleaded and cut and called and phone Focus Line over and over and

still no help. Must be a lot of people commit suicide in the UK from the fucking frustration of getting

the damn system to work. I received info on a day centre for mentally ill people to which I've been referred

however, when I called distressed on Thurs they said I can't go until I've talked to so and so on Monday.

So I have had 3 days to kill. Pun intended.

What constitutes an emergency in this country or the US for that matter?? I'm plotting a major event for

tomorrow night so we'll see.

Viv

AND WHAT IS WITH THIS GREEN AND BLACK CRAP THATDOESN'T SHOW ANY OF THE BOXES??!!

What constitutes an emergency in this country or the US for that matter?? I'm plotting a major event for

Viv

AND WHAT IS WITH THIS GREEN AND BLACK CRAP THATDOESN'T SHOW ANY OF THE BOXES??!!

viv,

the plotting of a major event is scary. what constitutes an emergency? i live in canada, but plotting of a major event is an emergency. go before you carry it through. go to the emergency place whatever that is, and tell them what you are plotting. tell them about details. they should listen.

as far as alternatives, there is a pinned link at the top of this board -- at least one, that should be of assistance. I think alternatives or ways to cope without cutting are pretty different for different people, but i've done everything from taking a red pen to a napkin when i was really angry (i have a picture if you wanna see), to putting on really loud music, to squeezing the hell out of a pillow, or just getting onto IRC with the other crazies and talking about needing to cut or just hanging out there and taking my mind away by getting talking about vulgar things. i've crocheted, i've drawn stuff, brushed the cats, wrapped myself really tightly in blankets, made tea and wrote to a friend far away, or get under the blankets in the dark and cry.. i've done a lot of things to try and hold myself and not cut. sometimes it might be about inflicting pain but not harming. so a really hot bath but not hot enough to really burn you -- if you can put your hands in and wrists in but it hurts your feet, or just makes your skin red, that's a possibility. really cold - ice cubes is something that penny suggests. dunk your head into a sink full of em.

sometimes i've just had to, and when i do i make sure i'm safe about it, meaning using clean stuff and not doing it to parts that will bleed too much.

but i've come close enough times and not done it to know a few things. things i can remember when i do feel like i can't cope anymore and need to do it: the feelings WILL pass. however bad it feels, i will not die from the feelings. what i need is comfort and relief, and there ARE other ways to get this.

Please stay safe. keep writing here if you need to. you can write about your plot or whatever else you feel like. write more about cutting if you need to. if writing about it will help you not do it, then please write. if it won't but will help organize your thoughts to tell someone tomorrow or monday, then please write.

i've been getting into bad spots myself these past few days and i'm scared i'm going to have to go to emerg. but i think i can manage til i see my doctor on tues. i'm trying to just keep myself safe. not letting myself get too close to the edge which means protecting myself from major stressors (including my mom on occasion!) and trying to do things that are comforting to me. calming.

hope this helps

pj

PS you can change the skin when you're logged using the pull down menu at the very bottom of the page at the left hand side. so you don't have to deal with the green monster.

Viv

viv,

the plotting of a major event is scary. what constitutes an emergency? i live in canada, but plotting of a major event is an emergency. go before you carry it through. go to the emergency place whatever that is, and tell them what you are plotting. tell them about details. they should listen.

as far as alternatives, there is a pinned link at the top of this board -- at least one, that should be of assistance. I think alternatives or ways to cope without cutting are pretty different for different people, but i've done everything from taking a red pen to a napkin when i was really angry (i have a picture if you wanna see), to putting on really loud music, to squeezing the hell out of a pillow, or just getting onto IRC with the other crazies and talking about needing to cut or just hanging out there and taking my mind away by getting talking about vulgar things. i've crocheted, i've drawn stuff, brushed the cats, wrapped myself really tightly in blankets, made tea and wrote to a friend far away, or get under the blankets in the dark and cry.. i've done a lot of things to try and hold myself and not cut. sometimes it might be about inflicting pain but not harming. so a really hot bath but not hot enough to really burn you -- if you can put your hands in and wrists in but it hurts your feet, or just makes your skin red, that's a possibility. really cold - ice cubes is something that penny suggests. dunk your head into a sink full of em.

sometimes i've just had to, and when i do i make sure i'm safe about it, meaning using clean stuff and not doing it to parts that will bleed too much.

but i've come close enough times and not done it to know a few things. things i can remember when i do feel like i can't cope anymore and need to do it: the feelings WILL pass. however bad it feels, i will not die from the feelings. what i need is comfort and relief, and there ARE other ways to get this.

Please stay safe. keep writing here if you need to. you can write about your plot or whatever else you feel like. write more about cutting if you need to. if writing about it will help you not do it, then please write. if it won't but will help organize your thoughts to tell someone tomorrow or monday, then please write.

i've been getting into bad spots myself these past few days and i'm scared i'm going to have to go to emerg. but i think i can manage til i see my doctor on tues. i'm trying to just keep myself safe. not letting myself get too close to the edge which means protecting myself from major stressors (including my mom on occasion!) and trying to do things that are comforting to me. calming.

hope this helps

pj

PS you can change the skin when you're logged using the pull down menu at the very bottom of the page at the left hand side. so you don't have to deal with the green monster.

thank for your support. I hadn't thought of any of those alternatives. I will try them tonight. There really is no where to go if you have just intentions of doing something. You have to do it fir st and then they'll listen. I didn't cut last night. Took the Valium my doc said to do. I'll prob be on here tonight. Many thanks for your caring.

Archived