CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tanya

whats is?...

Bipolar Disorder = Bipolar Affective Disorder. Depressed type just means you spend more time depressed than manic. You could never go manic, just oscillate between depressed and normal, according to some descriptions.

yes, it means that you spend usually a lot more time on the depressed side of things than the hypo/manic side of things. there's "regular" bp where people tend to have more of a balance between the two, and more of a manic type. personally, it is kinda weird for me to be in a depression right now, because normally i'm on the manic side of life ;)

See, I really think thats me--I know the pdoc says ADD causes all this, but right now I am so panicky and hyper and "mixed states" and crazed with worry I am about to crawl out of my skin. I took 2 Klonopin, but I am going to run out, and I know if I do, the 2nd day with none makes me feel even worse.

So--yes, you can be depressed, then normal--

my opinion

china

Bipolar Affective Disorder?????? I'm BAD???? That is a horrible acronym for those of us with fucked up self-esteem (um, everyone?). Although now I can go around singing Michael Jackson's song and mean it.

Who's BAD? I'm BAD!

yeah, i'm BAD too. and this is supposed to be the more "sensitive" nomenclature? hahahahaha.

depressed type can mean

1. you happen to be depressed right now and your pdoc confuses types and episodes, but you're definitely bipolar
  2. you tend to spend more time depressed than (hypo)manic, perhaps most of your time
  3. you oscillate between depression and normal mood, but are never (hypo)manic. nonetheless, due to the episodic nature of your depressions and non-depressions, you are considered to be bipolar -- just with a shorter spectral "pole"
  4. you are depressed and have failed to respond to more than one antidepressant medication (or had a negative reaction to one), and may have a family history of bipolar. because your depression is refractory, it has ultimately been concluded that you're bipolar, with or without a manic episode