CrazyBoards.org

Hey ALL.. I'm new 2 this site..

Hey everyone i came accross this site when i was looking for information on night terrors, since taking my newfound medication Arpoax. I have been on this medication since just a little before december, and am still on only half a tablet as i keep playing russian roulette with my medication, hit and miss. I was then diagnosed with Bipolar, and here i was not wanting any help untill my mum dragged my ass to a psychiatrist who said i had bipolar when i though i was just in a deep depression for the past 5 years or so!!

I have Anxiety Disorder and also OCD, which has never been worse lately, as well as these bad dreams i wake up with in the morning and remember them as clear as anything and they are really bad! I just wondered how other people are treating there bipolar and ocd ? I was told soon i also need mood stabz.. Please give advice thankz..

untitled.bmp

welcome to crazyboards Xgirl

sorry I have no recommendations regarding meds for you

just waving howdy to you

and I'm a leetle leary of opening your attachment, can you tell me what it is?

Guest spittykitty

Hello, I'm in Australia too!

I have depression, anxiety and OCD. I started on Aropax about 4 years ago. I had what I can only describe as a breakdown at one point, I was desperately wishing I could just commit suicide but instead of doing that I managed to find help. My GP recommended Aropax, which worked wonders. Initially I found that I was constantly sleepy, my husband said he hardly saw me for months because I was always off for a catnap. Also I discovered that if I forgot to take any tablets or went away for a weekend and forgot them I was getting these 'head zaps' which felt like electric shocks in my head. After a few years I noticed that my weight had gone up by 20kgs (it was slow so I didn't notice for ages) and my libido dropped to nothing. Apart from a few long term side effects (which the GP had warned me about) I was happy, calm, contented and actually able to focus on things again. I could enjoy things that I used to - although I've never completely gotten over the social anxiety - but I'm now thinking that I could well be just a loner! Maybe I was never supposed to go out alot and have loads of friends. I still get nervy in some social situations and still try to avoid some of them. But, at least the depressive part has gone.

I've been told manydifferent things about Aropax, but I do believe it depends on the individual and the severity of your condition. I started with one tablet for 2 weeks and then it was increased to two tablets. If you are not getting any relief from the medication speak to your doctor about the doseage. Some others I have spoken to on other boards said they had to increase and decrease their doseage until they found the right one. Or you could try another GP, there is no harm in getting a second opinion.

Good luck, let me know how you get on ok?

Hey everyone i came accross this site when i was looking for information on night terrors, since taking my newfound medication Arpoax. I have been on this medication since just a little before december, and am still on only half a tablet as i keep playing russian roulette with my medication, hit and miss. I was then diagnosed with Bipolar, and here i was not wanting any help untill my mum dragged my ass to a psychiatrist who said i had bipolar when i though i was just in a deep depression for the past 5 years or so!!

I have Anxiety Disorder and also OCD, which has never been worse lately, as well as these bad dreams i wake up with in the morning and remember them as clear as anything and they are really bad! I just wondered how other people are treating there bipolar and ocd ? I was told soon i also need mood stabz.. Please give advice thankz..

Hi Girl. Firstly welcome to our site. I hope you find it to be a useful sounding board for your thoughts and opinions.

As you have bipolar disorder, normally this would be treated with a mood stabiliser first and foremost. Additionally an SSRI like aropax could be added (Paxil for you americans!), or an AAP like seroquel is often very effective and less likely to make you manic.

Good luck, and talk with your psychiatrist about your options. There are lots of them!

hey people thanks for replying i am now takin 1 full aropax at night and i have not noticed much change yet, my ocd is just as bad i am still paranoid when im out and stuff, thinking people are going to spike my drink etc or poison it, even with sealed things. Its crazy my oc is even worse. I have an appointmeny with my psych this monday so i will discuss all of this stuff with him. How many pills do i need 2 drop b4 i feel ok ! ?

hey thanks for more replies.. Well for the past 3 days i have been taking 1 whole aropax at night, and before when i was taking half i was having really bad dreams every night, and now the past 2 nights i have not been able to sleep at night AT ALL!! I lie in bed so tired close my eyes, shut my mind off and relax and i have not been able to fall asleep since taking a full tablet. This is so weird

Guest xgirlinterruptedx

i was taking it in the morning, but it was stuffed cos i would sometymz miss it etc its easier to take the same time at night

ok

just saying nothing again

but will your doc rx you something for the sleep problem now?

no sleep can /does really mess with even NT-folks functionality (is that a word?)

oh and got the courage up to open your fuckitol pill, cute I wanna copy it now and send to a co-worker

ohhhh cool,, yeah its a good pic fuckitol LOL... thanks 4 the reply again, hey Oh DO YOU OR ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE DRUG Seroquel ?? I saw my psychiatrist today and he said take two 25 mg of SEROQUEL at night to help me sleep, plus 1 aropax. This is a mood stabalizer for my bipolar.. I have not taken these pills yet but i got them today.. Has anyone used them ?

Archived