CrazyBoards.org

I'm still alive even after overdose

took overdose of pills and went to sleep. my mum found me nad aparently paradmedics came and took me to hosp. They cut my clothose off!!! don't remember anything but then hurting me. woke up in a ward of 6 people al lmoan an wingeing. Crisis team came and let me go home last night. when i got home i wished i stayed in hosp. feel very groggy today and keep doing things backwards. mum is helping alot. crisis team and a doc on there way to assess me.

Viv

Sorry to worry u all. thanks for all your kindness XXXX

Even when I was in the ER I cried because I was still alive and tried 3 times to strangle myself with the tubes but they kept catching me.

The Crisis Team was just here and only offered me time to seek the appropriate medical/counselor etc.

So I ask ed if I was to kill myself this afternoon that was my choice and they siad yes.

Walking round like a drunken fool today.

Still want to try again. Can't go on another day.

Viv

Vivi, I'm so sorry you feel so dreadful at the moment, but please take heed of all the messages of concern and support you've had here. I'm sure you've been depressed before, so know that this is an illness and that you will feel better (though it doesn't feel like it now). Given that you say you are still actively suicidal, have you considered having yourself committed voluntarily? It would give you a chance to be in a safe place until appropriate meds can be sorted out. Frankly, I'm surprised the crisis team didn't suggest a spell in hospital, but then the NHS is remarkably patchy in its provision of care, so....

Anyway, please give some thought to the hospital - it sounds like that might be the best place for you in the short term. Try to hang in there. xx

I agree as well. Voluntary commitment sounds like a really good idea, and involuntary commitment (which it sounds like you may wind up with at some point) tends to strip away some of your rights. You can go, right now. It doesn't need to be a decision to keep living for the rest of your life, just a decision to try something for now.

Don't you dare, my sweet Viv...I am going to talk to Brad tonight about a plane ticket for me to come over, like NOW! Whatever will mum do with an open emotional, potentially UGLY American in her face-ha! You hang on my girl, I NEED your love and everything about you in my life- There IS a way out of your situation sweetie, it will take STEELED patience, but I KNOW you can do it...when I get SSDI, I'll be rollin' in the dough, then we can get you over here where you can not only survive, but, THRIVE! SOD your bloody mother, and all her "Can'ts" That emotionally sick environment has twisted your thinking, luv...not the time to even THINK about taking yourself out...I LOVE YOU DEARLY MY FRIEND-I CAN'T LOSE YOU...STAND FAST, my Viv, Okay???

Oh, yeah, and if you can, GET THEE TO THE HOSPITAL...you need a break from home, no matter where it is...

Vivi, go to the hospital NOW. You need a safe place to rest up from this terrible two days and some continuous attention. They will take care of you and can give you the meds you need which will help you feel better.

You need a break from your usual surroundings.

Please get yourself to the hospital NOW!

a.m.

Vivi, I'm so sorry you feel so dreadful at the moment, but please take heed of all the messages of concern and support you've had here. I'm sure you've been depressed before, so know that this is an illness and that you will feel better (though it doesn't feel like it now). Given that you say you are still actively suicidal, have you considered having yourself committed voluntarily? It would give you a chance to be in a safe place until appropriate meds can be sorted out. Frankly, I'm surprised the crisis team didn't suggest a spell in hospital, but then the NHS is remarkably patchy in its provision of care, so....

Anyway, please give some thought to the hospital - it sounds like that might be the best place for you in the short term. Try to hang in there. xx

Angelwhore: I asked them 10 mins ago to put me in hospital and they refused. They like to deal wit the situations people have in their homes. They try to keep people at home right where I feel suicidal. I'm sick of asking them to put me in hospital. I need somewhere to get perspective. They told me to see my GP tomorow and I will ask him if he will put me in hosp.

Angelwhore: I asked them 10 mins ago to put me in hospital and they refused. They like to deal wit the situations people have in their homes. They try to keep people at home right where I feel suicidal. I'm sick of asking them to put me in hospital. I need somewhere to get perspective. They told me to see my GP tomorow and I will ask him if he will put me in hosp.

Again, THEY WILL NOT PUT ME IN HOSPITAL I'VE BEGGED THEM TO but they won't. I have nothing else to do bu site at home feeling drunk from all the pills I took yesterday and nothing to do but think about doing it again. I WILL ask my GP if he can put me in hosp tomorrow.

That sounds like a good plan - be very blunt with your GP tomorrow and spell out the fact that you are still actively suicidal and don't feel safe. Perhaps it's harder to get admitted over here than in the US - I don't know, I've never been that bad (big shout-out to family for keeping me safe!). I have a friend IRL who's been in hospital several times in the UK for psychotic depression, but she goes private.... Anyway, keep safe Vivi, tell us how you get on tomorrow.

xx

Archived