CrazyBoards.org

Hi all

I am back - a week in hospital since I tried to take alot of pills and kill myself.  I am such a loser cause I cant even get that right.  never mind I am back to semi-normal.

So even though I get mega mood swings I am not bipolar but just depressed - according to the hospital doctors.

So a week of mental rest and back I am.

H

Welcome back, Hellcat,

I am glad you could not get the overdose right. Although I have thought often about suicide, especially in the last few months, I stop short of the attempt because of my family (I do, however have a problem with SI, which is still bad for them).

It is a terrible feeling when suicide seems like your best option.

Do you feel like the doctors helped you? Were any med changes made or suggested? Are you feeling a lot better?

Mood swings are a major drag. If you do not already have one, do you think a mood stabilizer would help you? They can be used for "unipolars" too. I have considered this occasionally.

Stay safe. Feel better. PM me anytime if you want to talk.

Elaine

Welcome back, Helen. Semi-normal's gotta be better than flat-out hell-bound, isn't it? That's where I was, like you, in the arms of suicide. The hospital didn't help me (it was only a 24-hr observation kind of thing, and against my will), but I know that many people have found a longer stay tremendously helpful in getting started on the right meds combination in a shorter period than would be possible outside. (And if I were forced, I would say that an earlier stay, 11 yrs ago, did have that result for me.) I hope that's the case with you. You deserve to feel better.

Keep us posted on how it's going now that you're home.

clumsycrawling

Yep back in the land of living.

I am on the same meds as I was when I went in - it was more observation than anything else.

I am on 375mg effexor, 900mg lithium and 5mg zyprexa.  They say that I have to have more time on this med regieme before they change it again.

I am still in the "I am so happy I could kill myself" range, but somehow just cant be arsed trying again right now.

The week off was good - nice to meet face to face other people just a stuffed up as me.  And whenever you were down, the nurses and other "inmates" were around to help.  So all in all I suppose I enjoyed the experience.  It wasnt as "one flew over the cookoos nest" as I expected it to be.

Helen, I'm glad to see you back and okay.  I hope that you continue to feel better as time wears on.  I've been there - pills, ODing, and all that loveliness.  It is a horrible situation to find yourself in and i'm sorry that that is what it came down to.

Again, I really hope you are doing better.  Remember that I, and everyone else, for that matter, are here for you always...

keep us posted on how you are doing and I am glad that you are okay

be well,

~Ophelia

Guest wileycat

What do they basically do when a person ends up in the hospital (for either a suicide attempt or just being really depressed?) I figure if I ever need to go in, it will be time for ECT or something. I don't think one week of upping or adding meds will help that much but maybe just the fact of change or scenery and supportive people around to really observe how serious it is can help?

I guess I am asking because I am not doing well at all myself lately. With every med change, I just seem to sink deeper into dysphoria.

I went in basically for observation - it was in a non locked ward (so I was allowed to have my shoelaces).

They can change your meds or ECT it just depends on what your psych or doc wants.

It is nice having people that are just as bad as you relating experiences feeling like you arent the only one etc,.., is all good.

Hello Hellcat

I am rather glad that you didn't manage to shake the mortal coil, even though I too have attempted and failed. Being alive when you hadn't planned on it is a really peculiar feeling. You just feel lame.  I know that both times I've felt particularly like a complete dildo.  I have periodic severe depression too. I hope that things get better for you.

Archived