CrazyBoards.org

New to Lexapro?

Guest spiderman

Guest spiderman

i wrote in the other day because i got sick on cymbalta. i have been on all the ssri's so far except for lexapro. i was going to go back on prozac but that would have meant tremors in my hands and a beta blocker so the doctor thought why not try this last one.

has anyone had luck with lexapro for anxiety & ocd?

i wrote in the other day because i got sick on cymbalta. i have been on all the ssri's so far except for lexapro. i was going to go back on prozac but that would have meant tremors in my hands and a beta blocker so the doctor thought why not try this last one.

I havent tried lexapro. However I have been through a few of the ssris (luvox, paxil and now prozac).

Id recommend trying lexparo - it may just do the trick for you. It is often referred to as the newest ssri with the best side effect profile, and it certainly is indicated for anxiety and ocd.

Guest spiderman

koolbeans thx

so how high do they go on doses? the coctor mentioned 40mg's?

I wonder if insurance even covers that much, they cover the 20 a day.

do most take it at night or durin the day?

I havent tried lexapro. However I have been through a few of the ssris (luvox, paxil and now prozac).

Id recommend trying lexparo - it may just do the trick for you. It is often referred to as the newest ssri with the best side effect profile, and it certainly is indicated for anxiety and ocd.

I took Lexapro for anxiety & panic attacks & it worked wonders for me personally. I was on 20 mg. I started at 10 mg but didn't get the full effects until 20 mg. Once I was at that dose I honestly did not have to take Klonopin again, so I would say it worked well :-) Somewhere I read that it has been found that 20 mg is the highest dose that will usually be effective, but that could have changed in the year since I was doing my research. I personally had tried Prozac & Effexor previously for my anxiety/panic attacks. Prozac was so-so, and Effexor didn't cut it. But Lexapro is great. I have been off it for awhile & am going to go back on. I Hope it works as good the 2nd time around!!

I took my Lexapro every morning. I am also on adderall which can be somewhat anxiety provoking (in a different way), but taking it with the Lexapro was effective for me.

my mom is also bp1 like me and takes lex, mainly for anxiety as she is usually on the manic side, and i took lex for awhile to ease my depression and anxiety.

i don't have ocd, so i don't know if it helps for that, though it is RXed for it. i haven't done the research to know if it is just off-lable or FDA approved for it.

i had great luck with lex. i didn't have the sexual side effects i had with paxil, and it was almost as strong as paxil. it worked in doing what it had to do until it was time to taper off of it. it was much, much easier to taper off of than paxil. dear god, it took me several attempts, like a smoker trying to quit, to get off of paxil! ;)

don't be afraid of the stuff. it is relatively mild and works. you'll feel it within about a week and really feel it in three weeks.

power to the people, and good luck with that!

loon

I had excellent luck with Lexapro. I ended up on 60 mg which is the max. I'm thinking I took it in the morning, but I can't remember because I've been off of it for a while.

It worked so well, that I was able to move to Korea for a year and work as an English teacher there. Before that it had been almost 5 years since I was able to work regularly.

It worked well for my anxiety. I don't have OCD (well, at least not officially) but it did seem to help with some of the OCD like traits I do have.

I took lexapro during a stressful period at work that was causing me lots of anxiety (and, at the same time, dd was diagnosed with all this mess). It worked wonderfully - just enough to take the edge off and to decrease the stress. I did not have any problems stopping it, in one day, when I chose to.

Archived