CrazyBoards.org

What's happened?

Hello all, nice to meet you :cussing:

Forewarning - please be aware this is kinda graphic ;)

Last time I SI'd (Saturday) everything was as normal - usual instrument, usual way. When I checked back a few hours later the immediate area around the 3 cuts (about 4mm max) was bright red and blobby, like a cross between a rash and there being blood trapped under the skin or something.

It's faded to pink (actually suprised me when I looked just now, that the most progress it's made so far) but it's still there. My main concern is that it'll scar like this. I had one suggestion on another forum that it was bruising but I haven't a clue, only had it happen minorly before and haven't got anyone else to ask.

Any suggestions please? :) I usually leave stuff to heal on it's own since I never cut deep or anything but I've been bathing it occasionally with a warm sea-salt water solution left over from when I wash my fairly recently pierced ears...figured it can't do anything but good.

you very well may have some subcutaneous bleeding there. It will slowly heal like any bruise, and may take a couple weeks. You are doing the right thing. The best treatment is to soak it in warm water or put a hot compress on it for 15 -20 minutes 2 or 3 times a day.

If it turns red, swells and starts to throb, which might indicate additional bleeding, see your doctor or ER asap.

a.m.

you very well may have some subcutaneous bleeding there. It will slowly heal like any bruise, and may take a couple weeks. You are doing the right thing. The best treatment is to soak it in warm water or put a hot compress on it for 15 -20 minutes 2 or 3 times a day.

If it turns red, swells and starts to throb, which might indicate additional bleeding, see your doctor or ER asap.

a.m.

Hi AirMarshall and thanks so much for your reply. It's good to finally hear a solid suggestion and a course of action, I will do just that and see how it goes - hopefully it'll completely dissapear ;)

Archived