CrazyBoards.org

How many personalities do you have?

I have 4 personalities. One is an alien, another is a bird, then a robot, and someone who can't form a complete sentence. There is more details about the personalities in the other post that I just did. I want to know what the average number of personalities are for someone with DID. I also want to know what type of people they are or are they not even human like in my case. I have not been formally diagnosed with DID yet, but since I have more than one personality, I think I might have it. I turn into these personalities every day and it really annoys me.

i don't think there is much of an "average". i mean, they didn't hand us manuals while we were small and being abused and had to split off. we all just winged it.

i have around three hundred or so left. we started with over a thousand. we've merged a bit. i doubt we'll ever drop below two hundred. i know others with only five or six people and some are working towards integration and most are not.

it all depends on how many people you needed in order to survive.

abi

well, we have around 130-140 that we know of, but know there is a whole group I don't know about yet, no idea how many there. Some are not human, and the humans are all ages, genders, races, etc.

always so reticent to answer this. because we don't know. that makes people say "how can you not know that?". but i don't. i know how many we have who have offered names, but i don't know how many there are that won't.

i liken it to living in a ten-story building. you might live there for thirty years, but only get to know or even recognize a handful of people, probably just the ones on your level ;)

it seems to be important for people with smaller numbers to keep head counts. i've never heard of a number bigger than 100 that wasn't preceded by "around". i guess we just adapt to the chaos (or don't and have meltdowns from time to time).

Archived