CrazyBoards.org

So I went to the doctor on Wed. after what I now believe to be about a 5 year bout with deep depression.  He put me on 37.5 mg of effexor and will go to 75 after a week.  The first day I took it was right after I left his office on Wed and that night I felt something wierd, not really sure but I am guess more side effect or body being introduced to something new than anything else.  My mind was racing a little, but I was more calm.  I couldn't really sleep that first night though.

Yesterday I took it in the morning when I woke up.  Most of the day yesterday my mind was RACING, big time.  My wife said I still seemed more calm even though I felt that way, like I was thinking more before acting.  I decided today that I would go decaf on the coffee and see if that helped how I was feeling physically and so far this morning I think it might be.

Good luck with the Effexor, I'm on 300mg.  It has been a partial success for me, which I'm greatful for.

If you are just on 75mg you will need to give it about a month.  Make sure that you take it at regular intervals.

Yeah, your mind will race like that until you get used to it.  I'm on effexor and I like it, so hopefully it'll work for you!

And yes, take it at regular intervals so your body doesn't start feeling even racier.

Well it's been a week today and things are different.  Still not sure what to attribute that to since it's not supposed to be working yet.  The last week has been the most calm I have been in forever.  Things that would get me really pissed off before don't seem to really phase me.  I mean I get upset, but I don't get angry.  The kids can scream in the car and it doesn't make me want to pull my hair out and scream at them to stop.

One kind of bad thing (in my situation at least) is that my sex drive has NOT gone down at all.  The reason that is a problem is because the wife just doesn't want it right now.  Because of my depression we have been on the brink of divorce for the last 6 months or so and so that is hard.  I was hoping this would help me take it more slowly with the physical stuff, but that has not been the case at all.  Oh well, I hit 75 mg tomorrow, maybe that will help.

Archived