CrazyBoards.org

two new problems to deal with

sdjeff

Well, my leg pain that there was no explanation for seems to be finally subsiding after almost 2 months. Now it tingles, is tender on some spots and numb in others. it still flares up a few times a day and it's this nasty sharp burning sensation. It also seems to have spread to my knee a little. WTF could be causing this? BTW, I have been tested for everything but maybe some kind of sclerosis. I doubt it's that though.

Anyway, on to the other issiues. i haven't talked to the doc yet, (he's on vacation) but I did get this from the nurse. i had some x-rays done on my lower back and they found some sort of artritis and spina bifida oculta. Explains a lot.

My pain management is limited to NSAIDS. I take indocin right now and it's pretty much worthless. I take Nardil and it has major interations with everything else. After three years of failed trials, it's the only AD that keeps me treading water.

So, I seem to be at a crossroaads. endure marked constant physical pain or be possibly constantly suicidaly depressed again.

This sucks big time.

If the doctor hasn't already discussed it, your back problem could be the cause of your leg pain. The nerves for the legs exit the spine in the lower back around the L5 level (just below the waistband on your trousers). Doctors may refer to pain and weakness running down the legs as Sciatica. My apologies if I'm repeating what you already know.

a.m.

If the doctor hasn't already discussed it, your back problem could be the cause of your leg pain. The nerves for the legs exit the spine in the lower back around the L5 level (just below the waistband on your trousers). Doctors may refer to pain and weakness running down the legs as Sciatica. My apologies if I'm repeating what you already know.

a.m.

Thnks for responding. I checked out some sciatca links and it would seem valid, except that mostly the location of the pain and weakness is described as being mosly in the back of the thigh and other various locations. Mine is on my left anterior thigh. I don't know. I'll still ask my doc about it. Truly it's at least the closest think I have found to a clinical description of my leg problem.

Thnks for responding. I checked out some sciatca links and it would seem valid, except that mostly the location of the pain and weakness is described as being mosly in the back of the thigh and other various locations. Mine is on my left anterior thigh. I don't know. I'll still ask my doc about it. Truly it's at least the closest think I have found to a clinical description of my leg problem.

I have L5 radiculopathy from nerve root compression (probably from Marfan's disease) and possible nerve infection. For me it's resulted in loss of nearly all sensation on the front part of my left thigh. It can only feel pain (d'oh). Neurontin/gabapentin has decreased the pain for me, as has Cymbalta.

Archived