CrazyBoards.org

Someone Tested My Locked Door and Left!

i was just sitting here about 20 minutes ago, minding my own business on my computer in the living room, when i heard the front door to my apartment building open. not unusual. people come in and out all the time. then someone tested my door knob. OMG!!! before i could gte up to smash the offender over the head with a baseball bat, the front door opened again and the offender was gone. just like that.

now, who would do such a thing? according to the DA, the guy who tried to rape me and 3 other women who we're taking to court is in jail with no bond. who else would it be? i don't have any known enemies. i'm going through my brain.

i live in a "safe" area in the central part of an urban-type suburb. why would someone walk all the way down the driveway to get to MY apartment door? wouldn't they try the front of the building and not the side?

MORE to obsess and worry over. i already have screws in the walls to hold the windows at a certain height so they won't go up further than that height (not that the windows open anyway- this is an old building and the windows warp in the winter). i'm terrified. i liked having a roommate but don't have one right now. i'd move in with my mom, but she took over my living space with her weirdo art work.

help, before i eat a bottle of klonopin!

someone did that to my apt once. i wasn't dressed, and by the time i could get dressed, and grab my pistol, they were gone.

never saw them again, never happened again.

i highly recommend every house be blessed with a holy handgun.

To throw some rational thinking in... could it have been someone at the wrong apartment? I live in a horrible neighborhood, and more than once, someone has tried to walk into my locked apartment. The first time it happened, I panicked too. I mean, I was paranoid for weeks! Then it happened again, and after the third time, we figured out that they wanted an apartment in the next building. They expected the door to be open, and when it wasn't they just went away. Don't know why, don't care. When we finally got to the door the third time it happened, we scared the hell out of the old guy standing there. It hasn't happened since. Turned out to be a harmless mistake, but it still scared the crap out of me.

i thought of the harmless mistake idea, but it doesn't make sense wtih where the entrance to my apartment is. you have to go to the way side of the building and open that door, and then my door is to the left and in the front there is a locked door leading upstairs. i have the only apartment on the first floor. it doesn't make sense that someone would walk all the way down to my place without a reason, at least i don't think so.

i've thought of the firearm angle, because firearms (such as conceal and carry) are legal in ohio. however, the laws about equal force are weird. i'd have to prove that i was defending myself with equal force to not be charged with murder. basically, as terrible as it is, unless he had a gun i'd have to kick his balls and that's it. also, it isn't recommended for suicidal people, though if i wanted to go that badly it would be with meds the way my dad went (but i have zero suicidal ideation).

baseball bats are always a fun option ;)

stuff that makes noise would be fun too, but annoying for me as i try to get in and out all the time.

my windows are very, very secure because they're warped closed due to age and i have screws in the frames anyway to keep them from being opened more than a certain height.

my neighborhood is good. i can walk around alone at night with no worries. except now i worry, because of that stalker and the weird door incident. i'll have to get some kind of laser alarm to go across the front door i guess, one that will call the cops if it is crossed. i need a landline phone for that, but safety is safety.

if i can't sleep at night, it is worth it. i don't even know if i'll put in the AC this year because i'm so f-ing paranoid.

Archived