CrazyBoards.org

An introduction of sorts

Guest Guest_Nancy_*

Guest Guest_Nancy_*

Hi,

I am new here and have never done this kind of thing before. Thought about it, but never could muster up the nerve to actually try it. So... My name is Nancy. I have 3 wonderful adult children (one of which is disabled), 2 crazy beagle dogs and an old fat sassy cat. I have battled depression for most of my life and was told I have PTSD a few years back. I was hositalized for the first time when I was 14 for a suicide attempt and two other times in my adult life. I have a very hard time opening up to anyone, but I can tell you that due to some childhood abuse and trauma that this depression rears it's ugly head every few years. Howver it has never been like this. This total blackness and hopelessness. I had been severely depressed for several months and then last September my mom passed away. I am partly respomsible for my mom's death and I can't live with it. I really screwed things up this time and there is no way to fix it. It's all I can do now to just make it day to day. I don't know if trying to communicate with the folks here is a good idea or not, but I thought I'd give it a try. Maybe hearing that I am not the only one will in some way help...somehow. As I said I am not very good at talking about personal issues so I have doubts if it will help, but I do look forward to meeting some of you. We'll see....

Welcome, welcome, welcome! You have come to the right place. Sounds like any one of us. You are not alone in this and you don't have to be. We won't force you to talk though. You can lurk or jump in at anytime. People here are blunt but yet compassionate and understanding. I hope you find the solice that you seek.

Sondra

Hi Nancy, welcome!

Good on you for having the courage to post. Don't give up hope, things can get better. Are you seeing a psychiatrist? A therapist? Studies show that meds + therapy are much more effective than either alone.

a.m.

Guest Guest_Nancy_*

Thank-you for the welcome. I am not seing anyone and am on no meds. You probably won't understand this, but I couldn't put one foot in front of the other to go to any kind of doctor or therapist under any circumstances even if I wanted to. I just can't do it. I don't really know what I am doing here to tell you the truth...just trying to make it one more day. One more day. Well anyway, thank-you for the welcome. From what I have seen and read you all seem very kind, and that alone helps some.

Archived