CrazyBoards.org

not dxed, but i suspect i do.

fuck i wish i knew what helped. every month it gets so bad, and i think, yeah... there's a pattern here... but then i tell my doctors about it but they don't seem to .. do anything?

asked once about BCP, but they said that really wouldn't help, would just raise the girly hormones up the entire month so yeah, they'd be stable, but i would be crazy all the time.

yeah.

i'll be watching this topic.

asked once about BCP, but they said that really wouldn't help, would just raise the girly hormones up the entire month so yeah, they'd be stable, but i would be crazy all the time.

I've seen comercials marketing the Yasmin birth control pill as effective in lessening the symptoms of PMDD. *MY* personal problem with that kind of treatment is that, due to blood clotting problems that run in the family, it is a little hard to get any doctor to perscribe me birth control pills because of the clotting risk. Soooo, even further suckage, I'll prob never be able to take birth control, which really kinda screws shit up for me.... ugh... but, yeah....

I don't have PMDD, but in the last few years have had real problems in the second half of my cycle. Usual stuff, just not as extreme as seen in PMDD.

What has helped the most has been lithium. Which was prescribed for MDD ~ helping with extreme PMT was a bonus.

i don't have pmdd, but before i started taking all these drugs for bp and birth control, i treated everyone like a criminal during my pms phase, couldn't get out of bed, cried all the time, had anxiety attacks, and pretty much had my life ruled by my hormones. my periods were long and heavy (i don't know if that matters), and i just couldn't stand it.

when i turned 16 i started the pill, and that helped. i took my pills back to back, so without a break, and it didn't allow my body the opportunity to act up. i'd still get bitchy and angry, but not nearly as bad.

when i was 18 i started taking all these mood drugs, and my period issues went away. i think being on my antidepressents and mood stabilizers full time made the difference. some women take serafem, which is prozac under a different name, in the time before their period to ease pms/pmdd. you may want to ask about this, or if you don't already, take an AD full time.

Hi. I have PMDD, or I should say, had it, when I was having menstrual cycles.

I went on birth control pills - continuously - and the problems stopped.

According to the instructions, every four months I was supposed to eat sugar pills for a week to "have a period", but (not surprisingly) I had PMDD problems when I did that (i.e. the usual psychosis, paranoid delusions and self-destruction). So I took the pills continuously, without any break, ever.

Then my sex drive went away...

Now I'm on Nuvaring (again, continous use) and I'm feelin alright.

I just wrote something similar to this, here.

not dxed, but i suspect i do.

fuck i wish i knew what helped. every month it gets so bad, and i think, yeah... there's a pattern here... but then i tell my doctors about it but they don't seem to .. do anything?

yeah.

i'll be watching this topic.

My p-doc doesn't know shit about how hormones affect moods, and he doesn't take me seriously when I've told him. I suspect most prefer to be ignorant and hand out SSRI's instead, which makes me angrier than this pissed off leprochaun ;)

You should talk to an ob-gyn (or endocrinologist??) about getting on the pill (or Nuvaring, which I prefer). You don't have to suffer.

I'm convinced that Yasmin is what set off my PMDD about 3-4 years ago. But it's probably just coincidence. More likely just hit my mid-30s and had some kind of hormonal change. Flaxseed seems to help a little, but some months are still absolutely horrendous. Overall, the only thing that has ever given me any degree of relief is Xanax. It seems to help both the physical and psychological symptoms - and I get some pretty severe physical symptoms: the typical bloating, but also very sensitive skin (my legs bleed when I shave and my gums bleed when I floss)... achy muscles, jitters, that kind of thing.

Archived