CrazyBoards.org

HOLLA crazy heads!

Guest Guest_fettered2freedom_*

Hi everyone, I'm fettered2freedom!

I've been lurking on these crazy boards since mid-february (when I was "diagnosed"* with Bipolar)

so I'm finally ready to participate. I have been obsessively pouring over all the forums related to the drug cocktail I just started and just stopped, and I think I am a crazy boards addict already.

*why in scare quotes? well, i sat down with a nurse for 5 minutes and filled out a checklist. i think everybody is bipolar then.

i'm a philosophy major. last spring i took a class called 'metaphysics and epistemology' and one time we read 'the archeology of knowledge' by foucault. i distinctly remember my professor saying, "what if you had a good friend, and she was diagnosed with bipolar...and then you read this?"

i was too adderall'd out to get it, surely, but the point basically is that the possibility of 'bipolar' would not have existed even thirty years ago. One thing I've noticed is that no one seems to question whether or not they truly are mentally ill here, so I'm wondering if anyone had a reaction after being diagnosed that wasn't simply "denial"

I originally started coming here because I was really scared about starting Lamictal, and I found that a few people had similar side effects (in the hellish as hell range) and this helped confirm a feeling of fear/discomfort into empirical fact, guiding me to feel good about stopping.

ANYWAYS... I'm hella ADD, OCD, and Bipolar PENDING.

Med-sensitive meditator on a current cocktail of 10mg Adderall, 25mg Seroquel... and some other stuff I'm probably not allowed to say here

So, hello everyone!

Guest Guest_Nancy_*

I am new here also, but I wanted to say hello. I don't know much about this site, but everyone seems very kind and that alone helps. So...welcome.

One thing I've noticed is that no one seems to question whether or not they truly are mentally ill here, so I'm wondering if anyone had a reaction after being diagnosed that wasn't simply "denial"

Every day I question if I'm really mentally ill or just hamming it up because I'm too weak to cope with everyday crap. But every once in a while I think back and remember the very odd times I've had. I also tried to describe the feeling of going hypomanic to someone recently, and all I got was a blank stare. It seems normal people don't work the way I do...

I think I questioned it a lot over the years but recently have come to a place of acceptance and having-got-used-to-it. I didn't swallow my diagnosis blindly, but the evidence that I was batshit was pretty strong!

I am DID, and I question whether or not my alters are "Real" or if I'm just making it all up to avoid reality. Either way, I'm pretty nuts. But I have recurring fits of denial all of the time. And I've been BPII pending for about half of a year. Docs are always tossing another dx on me...happens. Lamictal is, imho a nasty med to have to be on. I probably shouldn't say this, but glad you quit.

Anyway WELCOME! we are a pretty supportive group for the most part, I'm glad you quit lurking =)

Hooray for lurkers turned posters!

I think it is fairly normal to doubt a dx. Is it all just a fancy way of saying "I suck at life"? Of negating natural selection? Why do I have to take all these pills to cope when so many people can handle life w/o it? If it were 50 years ago, before meds were really used, would I just deal? Or would I be dead or in one of those scary mental hospital? I have so many questions that go through my head from time to time. If I think about it too much it makes my head hurt. I try to focus on just doing what works now, and meds work.

Thanks guys and gals!

I feel so welcome, for real. (and I know a few of you pretty well..already!!)

Archived