CrazyBoards.org

Jumping in with both feet

Hi.

My name is Kathryn and I'm certifiablly nuts. But then again, I have been for my entire life. So that's not big news.

Any way. I found these boards through the forums on crazypedia.org.

So what to say about myself beside crazy? Ummm... I'm 29 (and have been for the last couple years). I am the primary caretaker for my grandmother who has dementia. I've been dx with depression, ptsd and borderline, most likely from a combo of screwed up genes and the fact that I was abused. I used to SI but have been free for 6+ years now. Been hosptialized too many times. Off meds for more than a year now, but conisdering going back on them.

Let's see. I'm into technology. In my free time I do tech support for software. I started blogging a few months ago. I'm trying to teach myself programming in C++ as well as trying to learn a bit of PHP and MySQL so I can actually do some nifty web development type stuff. I play the flute. I like art.

Pretty much your typical nutcase...

Thank you all for your warm welcome.

I will take a look at the Wiki. I don't have a lot of experience with them. Just fooling around on one that is part of Pirates@Home (long story... but you can Google it).

The atmosphere is interesting. Very unlike other support forums I've been in. Neither is bad, they're just different.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kathryn,

I'm new too- just did my intro a few minutes ago (yours is much more to the point, lol, mine is all blahblahblaaah) but I'm glad that we both found this place ;) I lurked for a while before joining and I agree with some others when they say that it's different than some of the other support groups out there. The big difference that I noticed is that it's not all people going "wahh wahh, woe is me" all the time- it's really based on helping other people through your own experience. Of course, everyone needs the "woe is me" post sometimes, we go through a lot of tough stuff with MI, but the attitude and understanding here gives me a lot of hope.

Meg

Hi Kathryn,

I'm new too- just did my intro a few minutes ago (yours is much more to the point, lol, mine is all blahblahblaaah) but I'm glad that we both found this place ;) I lurked for a while before joining and I agree with some others when they say that it's different than some of the other support groups out there. The big difference that I noticed is that it's not all people going "wahh wahh, woe is me" all the time- it's really based on helping other people through your own experience. Of course, everyone needs the "woe is me" post sometimes, we go through a lot of tough stuff with MI, but the attitude and understanding here gives me a lot of hope.

Meg

Hi Meg. Welcome to the place. I've been pretty quiet, but reading. There's a lot of humor here and that's a good thing for me.

I'm not usually a woman of many words. But hey. We're all different.

Archived