CrazyBoards.org

All hail Lithium! The ultimate mood-stabliser and the litmus test that your pdoc is taking you seriously! Or is it just because when you go in suicidal pdoc gives you lithium so as not to seem as mucking around if and when you really do kill yourself? Anyway, I've never had a serious suicidal thought since starting lithium! I still needed Remeron to finish the job off, but all hail lithium!

Sure, you need to get your arm pricked every few months, but so what? As long as I don't contract HepB/HIV through it.

• 2 weeks later...

Lithium has a strong anecdotal following as acting as an anti-suicide med. All of my attempts have been when I've been off Lithium.

I'm getting older now and I'm starting to show the skid marks of taking it for so many years. I may have to get off of it and that scares the hell out of me - even with all the side effects I've experienced on it I have never tried to off myself while I've been taking it. That in and of itself makes it difficult to conceive of life without it.

We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

I still got suicidal on lithium...extremely suicidal in fact - came very close to checking out. Mind you, I had only been on the increased dose (from 500 - 900 mg) for 4 weeks when my mood crashed. So guess it may not be a true indication of it's effectiveness.

Archived