CrazyBoards.org

Time for hospitalization?

hello all- i feel totally anxious, like i'm going to die, and suicidal, and manic.

i have no insurance and don't know what to do. i feel like the world is ending for me. i'm sitting here in the library, ready to sob and shake, the only way I'm controlling myself is the thought that i'm in public and will get hauled away by security if i start this shit!

i've had no paxil for a couple of days. i know this contributes. but i was starting to go batshit before i ran out of meds.

my pdoc (who i can't see because i lack insurance) is supposed to be sending me gabitril (new med i haven't tried yet) and paxil in the mail. i'm about ready to drive to his office and get the shit! i feel like i need a benzo majorly bad, but my pdoc is against them. Time for a new pdoc perhaps?

but i can't even drive. last night i tried and kept running red lights. this is because of mania- racing thoughts and the feeling that rules do not apply to me!

help- i'm ready to crumble

Hang in there Loon hon. Is there anyone who could pick up the meds from your pdoc for you? Can you at least call him? (the doc)

Any friends who would understand and just sit with you? I know I hate being alone when I feel like shit.

You can make it through this but you need your meds asap. Wish I could help!

~Cat

So sorry you're feeling so awful. Maybe a trip to the emergency room would be a good step at this point. They can give you meds that will calm you down fast. And they would much rather you came in on your own than brought in by the police or paramedics.

If you think you can wait it out until the meds arrive in the mail, then please don't stay alone. Like Cat said, get someone to stay with you. Sometimes all of this is just too hard to deal with alone.

Greeny

Hi Loon, hang in there baby! Stay out of the car, ditch caffeine, take a few deep breaths. Call your pdoc, tell him you need help faster than the mail can get it to you. And if you can manage another phone call (I fear the phone when anxious) call a friend. Most are willing to help if you let them know you need it. Try to be good to yourself. Man, I wish I could help more. Just know I'm thinking of you and doing my best to will you better (me with fingers on temples sending you positive energy).  Keep posting. Hugs SP

I can't really give you advice, Im recently diagnosed BP and AADh . I have always known that something wasn't right and that thing about rules not appliyg......I feel that so much . the racing thoughts yep.... Being in public i practiced the ""ART of INVISIBILITY" for years, Its crazy.

I got out of the hospital april 12th and feel so "Normal" i do yard work for fun!!!!

but I'm on a waiting list to see a pdoc <psychiatrist?>  Its so frustrating i have to go to Urgent care for all prescription renewel and Lithium tests, and They just look at me like a freak. I have no healthcare benefits and anyway!!!!

Anyway thanks to litium and serequal i can now function.

Good luck!

Oh Loon-a-tik, sorry you're spinning out, this is awful.  My vote is for the ER.  They can evaluate you and give you some advice on hospitalization.  Of course, if you can get the pdoc on the phone that would be best, but I'm guessing if he's ditched you for no insurance he may not consider you his patient (damned health care system).  The ER will see you no matter what and may give you something for basic stability.

Sorry, this sounds like an emergency to me.  Just don't try to suffer through it alone.  You don't have to!

I say go to the ER, and worry about the bills later.  If you don't have insurance, they'll work with you. Don't risk yourself because you don't have insurance.  Go. Get help.  Take care of yourself.  I'm thinking about you.

Archived