CrazyBoards.org

right on

Actually I'm not sure if I've been formally diagnosed or not. I told my pdoc I thought I had aspergers and he said something along the lines of "well, duh." I don't really wear it on my sleeve or anything.

The jokes about it in various places, slashdot in particular are sorta grotesque. Apparently it's trendy to be an aspie now.

Um, hello. If somebody wants my life as accessory to go with their handbag, they are welcome to it.

right on

Actually I'm not sure if I've been formally diagnosed or not. I told my pdoc I thought I had aspergers and he said something along the lines of "well, duh." I don't really wear it on my sleeve or anything.

The jokes about it in various places, slashdot in particular are sorta grotesque. Apparently it's trendy to be an aspie now.

Um, hello. If somebody wants my life as accessory to go with their handbag, they are welcome to it.

"Geek" (which describes many if not most Aspies) seems to be "in" for the time being, which at least is good for me. This has been potentiated by films such as Napoleon Dynamite, although the title character was more of a dork than he was a geek.

Aspie or not, I come off as "geeky" (as well as nerdy) enough to gain attention of the opposite sex. Even if it's only underage members thereof. ;)

whoops, minor edit...

Generally accepted (but not universal) definitions of some terms I used:

Geek: Someone who's greatly involved in computers and technology, but yet has roughly normal social skills.

Nerd: These people tend to be obsessed with science (or closely related fields) and/or computers, and often lack social skills.

Dork: By definition having a severe lack of social skills, some dorks may have what appear to be no redeeming qualities whatsoever. For that reason, though, they tend to attract quite a bit of attention as they stick out in the crowd.

Edited by herrfous