CrazyBoards.org

post-590-1120255946.jpgI am 32 years old, recently out of the hospital for an "Episode" I am new too all these terms. Basicaly periods of not sleeping and bazarre behavior. I am now taking Litium 900 mg morning and night, 54 mg Concerta morning, post-590-1120255946.jpgand 25 mg seraqual. I feel content, I feel more ok than Ever befor my last lithium test was .84. My relationship may even survive all this drama.

I (I tried to kill my self by lethal injection, came out of 3 minutes no breathing, thought paramedics were police began to assult them they called police and i continued to assault them. this was september 2004 Iwent from jail to hospital and out patient IOP intenseive out patient. 3 weeks then home on remeron and concerta OK till Christmas then everyone was telling me im on drugs acdcusing me of this and that passed all my drug screens and then.....I am not sure what happenned but apparently my every day conversation and ability to fuction was limited to walking/running in circles laughing to my self and annoying the hell out of my girlfriend and kids, i was not tired so did not sleep, this drove my girl to call someone and next thing i knew i am the hospital 20 days evaluation. This place i was in group 2 days off to dr as i annoy and destract people and can't sit  and they prescribed ritalin and then concerta. Now able to participate and be positive contributing member of group, next week they started the lithium and well, good for a couple weeks and nurses doing bed checks began to notice i don't sleep. few hours here and there. I go back to the P.DOC This women was amazing first person i have trusted, she got reports from my family and my girl, my coaches and my freinds,

And she makes an agreement i only have to take seroqual if i am in bed an hour and a half and not falling asleep.  Anyway hospital program is pretty regimented

I am released and put on a waiting list to see a shrink who may take me ........

I am just OHIP so ... Its frustrating.

Anyway I have a log history of drugs gangs and running away, as a teen, then as an adult dropped out of college  quit some very good jobs and ran away to ASIA and back, got in bar fights and went to jail again. Suffered hard core depression and was medicated a few times wile in prison.

Anyway I also spent 4 years fighting internationally.

Had to go to court and was sentanced to house arrest and tight conditions

still on the waiting list for the DR

I feel ok but this dx and medication and what can i expect having a disease like BP what is the treatment........

I don't know what to expect or do or say other than

The meds have balanced me .

I feel many emotions and can generally experiance them and still be ok.

I beleive the DR from the hospital was genuine in wanting me to experiance a better quality of living.

I guess i want know what any one thinks as my recovery group is substance abuse focused. I go to 12 steps and am ok their.

With the meds and stuff i feel pushed out the door and ......left hanging.

anyway too long and none will read this so

Thanks alot

I feel ok but this dx and medication and what can i expect having a disease like BP what is the treatment........

I don't know what to expect or do or say other than

The meds have balanced me .

I feel many emotions and can generally experiance them and still be ok.

I beleive the DR from the hospital was genuine in wanting me to experiance a better quality of living.

I guess i want know what any one thinks as my recovery group is substance abuse focused. I go to 12 steps and am ok their.

With the meds and stuff i feel pushed out the door and ......left hanging.

anyway too long and none will read this so

Thanks alot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think, if you feel balanced, you will do okay.  What you put into your recovery - as with anything else- is what you get out.  I'm sure your story is not unique.  I have a feeling there are lots of people who can say "been there, done that"  here.  Worry not, if you wanna straighten out, you'll get there.

As for the meds and left hanging.  I know how you feel.  Once you find a pdoc, you may not feel so bad.  Hang in there.

Overworked hospital staff, pdocs with too many patients...

Leaves us hanging.

While your past sounds pretty rough, your present sounds like it has a lot of positive influences.  I'm glad that the meds are making you feel more stable.  It is possible to feel better.  There will always be rough patches, but it sounds like you are setting up a support system.

Are you asking a question or just needing to get some emotions out?  Either are okay here.  Hope you are feeling better.

JBella

Thanks for the response,

I am asking a question , I guess for me ive always been this way... and with a diagnosis of ADD and Bipolar what can i expect...as far as treatment. Just meds??? I don't know , I have been off the  street drugs since september no alcohol since april, No desire to deal with this stuff.

I am a little overwhelmed with the diagnosis, and hoped someone could "dumb it down:.......

Anyone experianced with these meds are the common side effects,

Is the disease progressive , right now seems to good to be true i am capable of fuctioning in a harm none way , I am content, I am responsible for my actions,

I have hope..........

Just wondered how long it takes to get this in to remmission, is it in remmission now, is this a placebo effect...........

I have hope

thanks

Hey Crush-

Lithium and Seroquel are my life savers and have been for a while now. I went through about 20 different meds and two years before I felt I was in real remission. Only a mild auditory hallucination in the last two months.

Things will get better if you change your lifestyle. It takes more than meds to get straightened out. Good diet and exercise is a must plus good sleep. Try to stay on a schedule if you can so you can bring some stability to your life. It takes a hardass attitude to pull it off but it is worth every penny in the long run.

Hope everything works out for you.

Peace

Hey Crush-

Lithium and Seroquel are my life savers and have been for a while now. I went through about 20 different meds and two years before I felt I was in real remission. Only a mild auditory hallucination in the last two months.

Things will get better if you change your lifestyle. It takes more than meds to get straightened out. Good diet and exercise is a must plus good sleep. Try to stay on a schedule if you can so you can bring some stability to your life. It takes a hardass attitude to pull it off but it is worth every penny in the long run.

Hope everything works out for you.

Peace

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the time,

I am working a continental shift 12/hrs 3 on 4 off 2 on 3 off. 2weeks days/2 weeks nights. so the regiment is strong the gym and meetings are my life i feel i have a supprt structure that is very strong but no onje wants to talk about the dx and the meds..... just be patient im told.

Anyway thanks for the feedback!

No one wants to talk about the dx and the meds?  We do!

For some the disease is progressive, I know mine is getting worse (JBella slaps herself upside the head), for some it remains the same, some people chill out with age.  So... it's unpredictable!

It does suck fuzzy llama butt when you are feeling great, because then you get paranoid wondering when you're going to slip again.  Fuck that feeling.  Take the time to sit down and figure out what your triggers are, maintain a schedule, and sit back and enjoy the beautiful life that you can frolic through.  If you feel stable, then oh my god, you might be stable!  Then again, what would I know, I'm crazy? ;)

About side effects, check out the crazymeds.com pages for the side effects, they are really thorough and worthwhile.  Being on Seroquel myself, I can tell you that the only side effects I have are dry mouth, akathisia (annoying uncontrollable wanting to move your legs, but tolerable and my friends think its fucking hilarious) and it puts me to sleep which is the greatest side effect of all.

Oops, gotta go camping now.  Good luck!

JBella

Archived