CrazyBoards.org

Does It Matter When You Take Your Meds?

i haven't been such a med saint lately. i've been taking my meds at erratic hours. taking my meds before 3pm is all i've really been concerend with, and i used to take them at 10 like clockwork.

i'm feeling moody, irrational, and down. do you think it is the timing of my meds, the cloudy sky, or just the nature of the disorder? i'm also out of flax oil and don't have the money to buy more (and the patient assistance programs don't offer it, jerks!).

I sorta have to take them when I'm supposed to--the AM meds are a little lax, cause I sleep late now. but basically I stick to the regimine. I do chomp a few extra Tegretol or Klonopin these days to get myself thru really brain-killing anxiety and depression, but keep with the plan.

I don't know why except that I am a nurse and I know and have preached so often --"take them on schedule to keep the levels steady in your bloodstream"--guess it rubbed off.

china

I do better when I take my meds at regular times, but I have to admit that I have gotten lax about that. I really need to get back on track - before next school year starts. Next school year I will be secretary of the Scout troop, President of the choir booster club, Event Coordinator for the Cocker Rescue and probably working on my Project Management certification - in addition to all the normal life crap.

I'm hyper even when I'm not manic. ;)

i'm also out of flax oil and don't have the money to buy more (and the patient assistance programs don't offer it, jerks!).

Um, of course the assistance programs don't offer it--they only offer meds they manufacture! So why are they jerks???

Anyways, I don't find my moods overly affected by the timing of my meds--sometimes I miss my afternoon lith and take it later for instance--but they ARE influenced by stress, weather, all that jazz.

Personally I doubt a few hours will make a terrible lot of difference. But depending on the meds and the person--who knows?

Hi Loon:

yes, ive always had to take my meds at certain times.

right now the majority are taken at night before bed. and in the morning i take the remaining dosage of seroquel.

my rx for xanax is 2mg. i have 1 mg tablets. i usually only need to take 1 mg a day...but i have the option of taking another one if needed.

xoxo,

december

I stick to a schedule, but not just a daily one. I have to do 5 days at one scheme then two (weekends) leaving MS a bit later or depression starts creeping in. So I stay up really late doing nothing on Friday and Saturday night, look at the stars, generally be a hippy... I have no idea how that works medically

But that's just me

I am compliant-ish. I'll be late on meds once or twice a week. I'll forget or crash at someone's house and forget them. But I take them in the AM pretty much. Especially my effexor, skip one night of that and my brain starts zapping. THAT sucks.

I think it also depends on the half life of the medication. You know you should take them at the same time AND get more flax oil, so do that and you will probably feel better. Maybe it isn't just hte late meds, but a combo of everything you said affecting your mood.

Yes. It really is important for me to take my meds at about the same time everyday to keep my blood levels of the meds inline. I also have to take some of my meds in the morning because they wake me up and others at night because they knock me out.

Archived