CrazyBoards.org

Epilem EC 200

Guest Guest_x.girl.interrupted.x_*

Guest Guest_x.girl.interrupted.x_*

hey all need some advice abt meds...... i am on 20 mg of aropax everyday and i was put on seroquel but did not want to take it and the doctor wanted me 2 take 50mg of seroquel at night 2 help me sleep and stop my bad dreams etc... and now i sleep ok etc and have no dreams. He wants to put me of Epilem EC200 and take 400mg's of that a day... 2 help with my bipolar... Has anyone ever taken this as a mood stabilizer?? Please leave me ur help.. it would be greatly appreciated,, thanks guys !

*puts hand up*

For me it's more an anti convulsant, but doubles as a stabiliser. I take 1600mgs a day.

Titrating will fuck with you but that will pan out and you will adjust to it after a (possibly long) while. I spent about 6 months as a stuttering mess, drewling etc... but being schizoaffective that had begun before starting the med, it just made it worse for a while and pdoc and neuro just "monitored" for changes during that. So being bp you may not have as much trouble. You will almost definately have stoned eyes and something appetite/gastroish happen... loss of appetite or increased appetite.

So for a while you might be fucked up but too stoopid to articulate that to a doc, but then it will just work after that and everything will be OK. It's a good med.

It's mostly interchangable with the other valproates like depakote, so you can search for those too.

EC just means enteric coated so they don't absorb till late in your digestive system.

Dan (king of the nanna nap)

Archived