CrazyBoards.org

Myoclonic seizures

OK,

I read the article,

A start or jump as you fall asleep is normal?

Mine begin with an electric jolt from the top of my head

and make my whole body jump like I have been shocked.

It happens at night and even during the day if I'm crashed.

But,not everytime

2-3 times a week.

Normal?

Wondering,Stasis

OK,

I read the article,

Perfectly normal. A bit bigger than most people's, but still within the broad spectrum of normal.

But,not everytime

2-3 times a week.

Normal?

Wondering,Stasis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you're extremely tired, this is also normal--people start falling asleep without realizing it when theyre totally zonked. Voila, hypnogogic myoclonus.

A myoclonic seizure is usually not even the whole body jerk you are describing, but more of a one limb type event. If you're seriously concerned, talking with your GP wouldnt hurt, but he or she is likely to say it's normal.

Kassiane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks,

I just wondered.

S

• 2 months later...

Ok,

I'm back

another myoclonic question

while breathing

(I do this alot)

my abdominal muscles

or diaphragmn

spasms or sharply contracts

I'm used to a similar sensation using opiates

this is worse

and now near constant

i feel a shuddering,

my wife says my back muscles quiver

any info from the gurus

of glitches?

Stasis

Ok,

I'm back

another myoclonic question

while breathing

(I do this alot)

my abdominal muscles

or diaphragmn

spasms or sharply contracts

I'm used to a similar sensation using opiates

this is worse

and now near constant

i feel a shuddering,

my wife says my back muscles quiver

any info from the gurus

of glitches?

Stasis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, this is my myoclonic seizure....I wake up...groggy..kind of out of it but trying to move my mind real fast knowing I have to get my day started so I throw my legs over the bed to put on my pants, then I notice a twitch of my hand...then another , and another...before I know it...its like Im being shocked to the beat of a drum...boom...boom boom...my eyes will start to jerk up, (Im still concious and aware of whats going on) and if Im lucky, I may be able to muster out a "Oh God Help!!!" or an "Oh shit!", for some reason, its always either those two. Then, sometimes, if Im lucky, it will slowly stop, I'll have a bad headache all day, and small twitches all day long that freak me out....but if Im not lucky, my legs will start to do the jerk thing, and then I go unconcious into a tonic clonic. Then that REALLY sucks. Wake up...wet pants, everything bruised, blackish blue bleeding tongue...yeah...not fun.

• 3 weeks later...

OK,

I read the article,

But,not everytime

2-3 times a week.

Normal?

Wondering,Stasis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

post-1793-1127436140.jpgMan oh Man

I'm at the stage now where my siezures are so violent that I break bedside furniture and bones. Often after a whole body shock I find myself on the floor. The most I've had in a given night or day is one hundred and forty-three. Rivotril gives some relief if I can persuade myself that I won't die by moving to take it, or that it wont poison me. The aftermath of bad sessions like this can leave me screwed for several days. I am only recovering now from a particularly horrible 15 hour episode that happened a week ago. Apart from the continual shocks I appeared locked inside myself, and having to listen to a flow of poisonous evil thought, like a sewer was flowing through my psyche.

By the way your music has helped me since the sixties while I am recovering. Thank you.

Blackdogdie

Man oh Man

I'm at the stage now where my siezures are so violent that I break bedside furniture and bones. Often after a whole body shock I find myself on the floor. The most I've had in a given night or day is one hundred and forty-three. Rivotril gives some relief if I can persuade myself that I won't die by moving to take it, or that it wont poison me. The aftermath of bad sessions like this can leave me screwed for several days. I am only recovering now from a particularly horrible 15 hour episode that happened a week ago. Apart from the continual shocks I appeared locked inside myself, and having to listen to a flow of poisonous evil thought, like a sewer was flowing through my psyche.

By the way your music has helped me since the sixties while I am recovering. Thank you.

Blackdogdie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Blackdogdie,

Im sorry to hear your having such a rough time...Ive been there. I find nothing more frightenning than having a seizure...and I do everything, everyday to try and prevent another from attacking me.

It sounds like your post dictals are pretty scary, so are mine...if all my seizures were like they describe them in the epilepsy pamplets... "the person may twitch on the floor for several minutes and wake up tired, disoriented..." TIRED? DISORIENTED? Please...try traumatised, scared beyond words, no knowledge of who I am but what primal fear is...only those that have experienced it can understand.

I hope you get to feeling better, please keep us updated...do you have myoclonics? I have Juevenile myoclonic epilepsy...I have myoclonics that turn into tonic clonics...I also have partials, but very rarely.

Thanks everyone

Hypnogogic Myoclonus.

Was given a lot of shock treatment in the sixties; maybe ther's some connection.

Also suffering PTSD which doesn't help.

Been waiting to die for forty years but still here.

A bit new to all this Forum stuff si will read up and try not to breach etiquette

No doubt.The man is fantastic,no wonder he needs so much time between releases.

The last one,"Dear Heather" hasn't been completely absorbed.

One at a time,those insight flashes will reveal themselves.

Be well, BlackDog.

Stasis

Be well, BlackDog.

Stasis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you need to talk about your seizures, vent about your epilepsy, or ask for some friendly advice, this is the place...welcome to the seizure board blackdog...

Be well, BlackDog.

Stasis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you need to talk about your seizures, vent about your epilepsy, or ask for some friendly advice, this is the place...welcome to the seizure board blackdog...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you

I'm in Australia and Channel 10 keeps running the Leonard Cohen segment late a few times a week. That's probably irrelevant.

Black Dog

I'd watch it BlackDog,it's rare to see him on stage or anywhere else.

It's like SRV,a treasure.

(Stevie Ray Vaughn)

I had to play "Life Without You" live at montreux,this morning,

SRV just rips it out of you.

Leonards "Last Years Man" is a favorite,when I'm alone

Sorry to off the topic,Stasis

Archived