CrazyBoards.org

Next Letter Please

Guest PinkToo2grrl

Guest PinkToo2grrl

OK, so now the ativan isn't working, and the ambien, which i used to save for emergencies when i really needed a knock out punch isn't doing the trick either.  i am so tired i want to scream.  lunesta knocked me out, but frankly after a couple of days on it i was just as tired as if i hadn't slept.  i'm thinking it blocks an important sleep cycle.

so if the ambien/lunesta family doesn't work

and

the ativan family doesn't work ...

are there any other rx options left?

if someone had told me when i was fifteen and sleeping 12-18 hours a day that sleep would ever become an issue for me, i would have laughed  myself right back to sleep.

Erica,

What a pain! I am so sorry about the meds pooping out for you. I don't have a solution. I am usually sensitive to sleep meds although I was taking 3 ambian when I was teaching.

Sometimes cold and allergy meds knock me out. I took half a zertec the other night and slept fine.

Let me know if you find something. I want to take something with me when we go to Turkey incase I have trouble.

Love,

Raven

are there any other rx options left?

if someone had told me when i was fifteen and sleeping 12-18 hours a day that sleep would ever become an issue for me, i would have laughed

Well, if you want to stay on the A-train, try amitriptyline. It's an old style tricyclic antidepressant with Very sedative properties. Benzos make me depressed and Ambien didn't work for shit. 15 - 25 mgs of ami knocks me out for a full night. And it's incredibly cheap. My last scrip cost $1.43.

Greeny

Guest Guest

Then theres R- for Remeron, but it makes you fat, but works great

S- for serzone, but I only did one night so I cant really report, yet

T- for trazondone- I hated it.

Guest PinkToo2grrl

One lovely side affect for me is that I'm learning to stop fearing bedtime. I *know* that every night I'm going to be able to go to sleep. It's very cool ;)

I have come to hate bedtime.  it's like, here we go again, roll of the dice, will I sleep, won't I, will I fall asleep, and then just wake up.  will i toss and turn all night?

I swear to god I am AFRAID to go to bed.  I avoid it for as long as I can.  Sometimes when I go to bed, I tell myself I am not actually going to bed, just lying down for a quick nap.  It's like if I can TRICK my brain, maybe I can doze off.    I would LOVE to get to a place where I can just lie down and *know* like you do.

A side effect of the side effect is that I'm anxious about *not* taking it before bed--I'd like to see what happens if I don't take it but I'm scared to. Funny, eh?

Oh man funny in that OMG I know exactly what you mean way!  My Ativan/benadryl pooped out on me, but i was STILL afraid to not take it!  Just in case it was doing a tiny something.

I'll add seroquel and amitriptyline to the list to discuss with the pdoc if she ever calls me back.  why is it that issues always seem to happen on holiday time?  sheesh!

Guest PinkToo2grrl

i hated trazodone too guest/energ <waves hi> but i can't remember why?!  i swear my brain cells are deflating by the second.

Guest PinkToo2grrl

Did you ever get any help from your doctor?

YES!  Actually I am working on finding a good dose of seroquel!  it seems to be helping so far.  So the lucky letter was apparently "S."  The lovely thing is she gave me samples.  So much nicer than having to spend a million dollars only to find out the thing doesn't work for you.  My medicine cabinet can attest to that.  I wish I could have a meds swap meet!  Seems such a waste.

Archived