CrazyBoards.org

Restoril (temazepam)

Doctor prescribed Restoril (temazepam) today and I took it 3 hours ago and it's not working. I'm not happy. Anyone had experience with this drug?

If you're not sleeping on Restoril, then you're really keyed up. I wouldn't take more without talking to your doc first though. Large and I mean WAY large (as in put out the big light) is not recommened. So even theraputic doses can kick in and really leave you with a hangover from hell.

Well he prescribed 10-20mg and I tried 10 tonight and it didn't work. It just felt like it chilled me out and made me kinda high for about an hour. I'll try 20mg if it doesn't work I'll call doctor. I just expected this shit to knock me out. It's meant to be a powerful sleeping tablet and I can't sleep at all. I asked doc for Ambien actually and he was like "It's dangerous have Restoril". I'm gonna ask for Ambien or Lunesta if this keeps not working. I had my hopes so high.. ;)

I take restoril - but like you I have a hard time getting to sleep

Once I can get to sleep it works pretty good

So she gave me Klonopin to get me to sleep

How much Klonopin and Restoril do you take? Have you tried any other sleep meds that worked?

I've had to increase my Temazepam to 30mg up from 15mg but I still think it's much better than Ambien because I would wake from Ambien after two hours and be hyper-awake. If I didn't fall asleep on Ambien I was one of those people who got auditory hallucinations from it and did irresponsible and rash things and forget that I'd done them. Yeah, it can be very dangerous. Temazepam has been the gold standard for a long time from what my shrink said.

Maybe you just need a higher dose? It's been a life saver for me. I kind of consider Ambien a bit too trendy anyway.

I've had to increase my Temazepam to 30mg up from 15mg but I still think it's much better than Ambien because I would wake from Ambien after two hours and be hyper-awake. If I didn't fall asleep on Ambien I was one of those people who got auditory hallucinations from it and did irresponsible and rash things and forget that I'd done them. Yeah, it can be very dangerous. Temazepam has been the gold standard for a long time from what my shrink said.

Maybe you just need a higher dose? It's been a life saver for me. I kind of consider Ambien a bit too trendy anyway.

Yeah my insomnia is quite severe I'm guessing I do need a higher dose. What I took just made me feel like I'd taken a few Valiums. My problem is sleep ONSET. I can't FALL asleep I have no problem staying asleep so something which knocked me out quickly and wore off quick would probably work well. I expected Restoril to work great because I've heard of it as being a great sleeping pill but seriously Remeron, Zyprexa fuck even Benadryl did a better job..

Guest Guest_Kate_*

I'm on 30mgs of temezepam, it doesn't do anything to help me sleep, just makes me feel buzzed. When I told my Dr this, she said that it was the highest dose and it should work... basically she was talking down to me. It definitely doesn't help me sleep, what more can I say?

I had an addiction problem with Ambien, not for sleep dependency, but to the buzz it produced. I would hallucinate, and not act like myself. I enjoyed it at the time, but in hindsight, it was a very bad (and dangerous) time in my life.

I now take benadryl, Valium and rozeram to sleep.

I took Restoril but Pdoc put me on 3 mg of Ativan at night. He said 30 mg of Restoril was equal to 3 of Ativan and the insurance companies give you a hard time about prescribing Restoril but hand out Ativan like candy. Go figure.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on 30mgs of temezepam, it doesn't do anything to help me sleep, just makes me feel buzzed. When I told my Dr this, she said that it was the highest dose and it should work... basically she was talking down to me. It definitely doesn't help me sleep, what more can I say?

I had an addiction problem with Ambien, not for sleep dependency, but to the buzz it produced. I would hallucinate, and not act like myself. I enjoyed it at the time, but in hindsight, it was a very bad (and dangerous) time in my life.

I now take benadryl, Valium and rozeram to sleep.

30mg just gets me high too but not to sleep. My doc won't give me anything else. Bastard.

• 2 years later...
Guest courtney

i just got prescibed 15 mg of temazepam yesterday and when i took one last night it didnt help at all, so a few hours later i took another.. still didnt sleep but spent most of the morning puking my brains out. ive been awake for over 48 hours straight now, im exhausted, i have a 6 month old son that i need my energy for but nothing is working, and my docters arent helping the slightest.

i just got prescibed 15 mg of temazepam yesterday and when i took one last night it didnt help at all, so a few hours later i took another.. still didnt sleep but spent most of the morning puking my brains out. ive been awake for over 48 hours straight now, im exhausted, i have a 6 month old son that i need my energy for but nothing is working, and my docters arent helping the slightest.

Puking?? Wow... If that's a med reaction...that is pretty severe indeed.

Can you tolerate benzos at all??

• 3 weeks later...

Try taking two. And if you're on the computer and stuff, it's obviously not going to work. If you've layed down for at least half an hour and tried to sleep and it's not working with ten mg, take another ten and see what happens. If it doesn't work then, go back to your doctor and tell him it's not working, because it should.

You don't realise it works until you lay down and actually fall asleep instead of just laying there for hours like I used to.

Restoril has been hit or miss with me. When it works, it's great. But it also has to do with my frame of mind at the time of lying down to go to sleep. One of my problems is compulsive thinking at night and if I'm all keyed up, NOTHING will put me to sleep. I've just resigned to the fact that I'm not going to get to sleep before 1 on some evenings. My tdoc says I should embrace it and stop fighting it so much, which only makes things worse. I've tried other insomnia drugs and Restoril is the best one for me (when it works).

I've been on restoril for about three years now. I have the same experience as Bryan; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (then I end up with several hours of insomnia. We tried Ambien for about a month, but it did absolutely nothing for me, so pdoc switched me back to Restoril.

Tommy

• 2 months later...

I develop tolerance to benzodiazepines really quickly, and temazepam was the worst. I took 20mg for a while in 2006 and again in 2007, and only after 3-5 nights of consecutive use, there was absolutely zero effect. It did work at first though.

Guest guest_lara

Archived