CrazyBoards.org

So I wasn't really addicted to alcohol. but I have cut back to almost nil now that I started going to the gym again. And now I can't get enough chocolate! Sweet tasty chocolate. My favorite is the 72% cacao Ghiardelli squares (very dark stuff). MMMMM -- tasty chocolate. Where're all my chocoholics?? 8-)

I found out a few weeks back that milk breaks down the good chemicals in chocolate, that is why dark chocolate is the one they say to eat. I found it interesting.

Chocolate is much better than booze. I've found that I can't eat a lot of the dark stuff because it is too rich, so that is good too. Good for you for getting to the gym!

Since I don't drink, do any drugs or even have caffeine, and I'm celibate (not out of choice right now!), chocolate is my only vice.

• 2 weeks later...

on zyprexa i went through a stage where i ate very, very excessive amounts of chocolate! yumm!!!

now i've cut down, but i still love my dark chocolate squares. today i had a hershey bar and it sucked compared to good stuff, but it was still chocolate.

it is better for you than drinking, and i'm not sure about the calories, but it may be less than alcohol. also, it contains nutrition, whereas alcohol is just liquid calories. they say some alcohol, a little bit, is good for you, and the same with chocolate, but i think you can get away with more chocolate.

just hit the gym or take a walk to burn it off and happy munching! ;)

loon

So I wasn't really addicted to alcohol. but I have cut back to almost nil now that I started going to the gym again. And now I can't get enough chocolate! Sweet tasty chocolate. My favorite is the 72% cacao Ghiardelli squares (very dark stuff). MMMMM -- tasty chocolate. Where're all my chocoholics?? 8-)

I'm not a huge chocoholic but I'll definitely enjoy it when it's around.

Also, I don't know where you live, but it helps to have a Trader Joe's grocery store nearby (www.traderjoes.com, you can find them in larger cities all over the US West Coast, Southwest, Southeast, Midwest, and Northeast). They have their own "generic" brand of 56% and 72% dark chocolates for around $1.50 a bar, and I have a feeling it's re-packaged overstock from Ghirardelli. They taste the same to me, anyways.

Oh yes, and apparently each regular square of 72% dark chocolate has 1g of dietary fiber (3g per 3-square serving). Take that as you will.

Oh yes, and you know you're hardcore when you enjoy 85% dark chocolate...

• 1 month later...

I keep chocolate next to my bed and sometimes wake up in the night, pop some in my mouth and go back to sleep. Also like eating it first thing in morning before getting out of bed.

• 4 months later...

I found out a few weeks back that milk breaks down the good chemicals in chocolate, that is why dark chocolate is the one they say to eat. I found it interesting.

Chocolate is much better than booze. I've found that I can't eat a lot of the dark stuff because it is too rich, so that is good too. Good for you for getting to the gym!

Cocoa is where chocolate gets its goodness from. More cocoa = Darker chocolate = More goodness.

But I didn't know about the milk thing. That makes it even worse!

Some brands have tremendous amounts of sugar to counteract all the cocoa (wtf! so stupid!!)

I like the Lindt 70% cocoa.

(Anymore

Ghlahlahlahl (or however one would write that Homer Simpson donut drooling sound).

I must admit that dark chocolate, raspberries and champagne.......*sigh* Or dark chocolate, apples and really nice salty cheese, aaaah. Or dark chocolate, smothering bananas or strawberries, mmmmm. Or dark chocolate flaked on top of my favorite dessert. Or dark chocolate mole sauce. Or dark chocolate melted on my lover's ;) .

or dark chocolate PERIOD.

I stopped eating chocolate years ago - yes I know weird! Then when I started taking Z had huge urge to eat it. Now I limit myself to one big bar a week of dark chocolate which I get from Aldis - european supermarket - so its continental. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........drooling!!!!

Hawk

Hershey's Cacao Reserve with cacao nibs.

Something about that smooth dark chocolate with the texture of the crunchy little nibs....mmmmmm...truly addictive.

Don't melt it and put it on your lover's ;) though - I think the nibs might be scratchy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived