CrazyBoards.org

Preferential treatment

I know this is slightly old news but I can't stop thinking about it.

The news that Angelina Jolie doesn't treat her own biological child the same as she does the adopted ones. It is quite possible that it's true. Ange is indifferent to the little girl because she wasn't born needy, like the kids she adopted.

This poor little girl is going to grow up with problems, mark my words. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets depression when she's older, especially since mental illness already runs in her family.

I know first hand of what it's like to grow up with a mother like that. A mother who's affectionate to the others but is cold, distant and indifferent to the needs of the little girl, not getting the same amount of attention, being put last all the time and so on. A mother who may not even realise sometimes the subtle and not so subtle ways she shows rejection and/or dislike or indifference towards the little girl.

To grow up like that is extremely painful I tell ya and has long lasting consequences. This is a form of emotional abuse. I've done a lot of reading on the subject. It's tragic.

I hope the little girl is removed from the family (from Ange) before it's too late. Of course that is unlikely to happen. Hopefully the love from her father, from Brad will be enough to compensate. Lets hope so.

Archived