CrazyBoards.org

Depressing antidepressants

Bloody depressing. Not much libido thanks to the ADs, but every once in a while... And it works. In fact, it works so well I could hammer nails in with it. And it stays that way for an age. Unfortunately, it has about as much sensation as a broom handle and we give up in the end to avoid friction burns. Sick, sick world.

supergwen is right... lubes can be magic. get a sample pack from a sex store, the ones in drugstores are too sticky.

drs often add wellbutrin in to help with the sexual dysfunction, you may want to ask your dr about that if you AD is working otherwise.

Guest Guest - unregistered

How can anyone tell if AD's are working? I'm feeling a lot better, but that may be because things are a lot better anyway. Hopefully I'll be off the Celexa in a month or two, so hopefully this is just a temporary thing. Lube wouldn't help, to be honest, as boredom sets in after a while - it's just a complete lack of sensitivity.

Ask your doctor about something called cryproheptadine (brand name Periactin). As best I can tell, it's usually used to treat kids for allergies or sinus congestion. It's an antihistamine and apparently also "antiserotonergic agent." Anyway... I can provide second person testimony that taking it 15-30 minutes before sex eliminates the anorgasmia caused by SSRIs. For more info, check out this thread.

Archived